2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

video card ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 22:31    Post subject: video card ?? Reply with quote

does anybody have any suggestions as to what may be wrong with my computer.
i turn it on and everything appears to be as normal but the monitor doesn't work.i can hear the fans working and the lights appear to be flashing on the hard drive and it sounds like it is working,but the moniter says no power input.
i have tried the moniter on the kids one and it work's okay.
it was all working fine last night but tonight it didn't start. could it be the video card packed up ?
any help greatly appriciated as i'm getting moaned at by the kids for using their very fast (not ) computer.
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 22:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

vulpyfox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the card..just a quick question. does your pc have more than one VGA or DVi port [monitor port]. also when you tested the monitor on the other computer did you use the same lead? leads and VGA adaptors can pack up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

any beeps when it comes on? if theres none it might be a cpu fault,most of the time a gfx fault will give 8 beeps out (for ami and phonenix bios i think)
spacecadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do believe it's the card ,i have connected the monitor to the original port and it works ,bit slower than when it was connected to the nvidia card. can these be fixed or is it a case of new only.
thanks for your help guys.
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
BFG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your getting a GFX signal on your onboard GFX card then either the BIOS has reset from disabled onboard gfx to enabled or whoever
set/installed your pc has both enabled at the same time which is bad.

Failing that, goto device manager in control panel and expand the small + by display adaptors and see if the old card is listed or not, possibly
with a big yellow or red exclamation mark next to it, it may have a resource conflict with the onboard gfx being enabled.

Try reinstalling the drivers for the GFX card.

Also if your tech savvy...

Unplug the PC power cord, take the side off of the pc.
Remove and reseat the GFX card making sure theres not a build up of dust on the heatsink or fans or in the connection to the motherboard.
(Nows also a good time to remove any dust build up around the cpu or any fans you may have but be careful not to touch any components as
you can damage them with static)
Also make sure any power leads that plug into the GFX card are connected properly (Some GFX card need additional power to work, some don't)

Dreaming of what MOD to do next!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: