2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

is my SWR meter broke....???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razzloulou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 0:10    Post subject: is my SWR meter broke....??? Reply with quote

Right Hi..

got 2nd hand cb flea bay 15pound ... got gutter mount with 3ft springer can hear people haven't spoken to any one yet that could be them dialling me out...  not sure they didn't sound to clear..

SWR meter plugged in the right way round and in the fwd position key mike, turn dial till at SET point. then switch over to ref  the needle moves back to 0.0... now that means all is really good (can't be that good can it?) or some thing is way off?

any ideas??

P.S. the SWR meter was from flea bay £3..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 0:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the same again but slightly alter the length of the twig.
See if the reading alters. If it does, the meter is fine.

I thought mine was faulty as I had the lowest of low readings, slightest of twitches from the 'stop'.
So it is possible that it's set up to start with just fine.

Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it on channel 1, 19 and 40.  Wink

If it hardly alters then it's okay.

If your readings are LOWER on channel 1 than they are on 40, then your aerial needs to be shortened.

If your readings are LOWER on channel 40 than they are on 1, then your aerial needs to be lengthened.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Razzloulou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks not played with it yet.. will do latter .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: