Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

PSP problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 19:47    Post subject: PSP problems Reply with quote

I know it doesn;t count as a pc but I assumed this is the better place to post this !!
My son did a deal with a school friend and got a PSP 2003 with 9 games for £40.

However !!! it won;t play any games, you insert a UMD (disc to normal people !!) and nothing happends.
You should see a little roundal in the bottom RH corner - but nothing & the game won;t start - even with it set to automatically playing UMDs...

With the door open you can see a which switch / sensor that will depress once a game is inserted and the door closed - upon pressing this down nothing happends, according to internet sites the motor should spin up & lazer light up - however nothing happens.

Now is this a duff UMD drive or is the PSP "Bricked" or "locked" - I read these terms on the net trying to fault find but no explanations on exactly what this is.

My son did ask the boy concerned about it and he is infatic that the games work, now as he got such a good deal on this he doesn;t want to return it - even if the other boy agrees to it !!

Any ideas on what could fix it ??

I have seen a strip down set of instructions on the net and it doesn;t look too daunting (having done a pump seal nothing can be worse than that !!) so replacing parts wouldn;t be an issue if we knew what to replace..

There is a shop in town that may fix it but being a newbe to PSP's I don;t want to pay money for something that is an easy fix....

Cheers guys.

Noisey
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

primate1970
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son's PSP did just the same a while ago,

I managed to find a broken one on a car-boot for £1 and simply changed the rear door (and a few other springs) and it now works fine...!!!
Except the donor PSP was a different Colour.....!!!???

It is now called Franken-psp..... Laughing

The PSP is quite simple to work on and I have repaired a couple and changed a few screens on them,
You will need a good set of small screwdrivers and I always wear rubber gloves as if you touch the wrong components you can fry the chip set...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: