Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

EGR installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossco
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:26    Post subject: EGR installation Reply with quote

Hi there , I'm a bit confused ???

took delivery of blanking kit today :D  and a wee lenght of hose with a blank on came with it,  the instructions don't quite add up to what I'm seeing ??
where does the wee hose go on ???

thanks rosso
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Soulman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roscco, it replaces the hose that went from the EGR to the vacuum servo that operates it, obviously at the servo end so it doesn't suck air in.

Regards

Chris
rossco
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  I followed the hose from the egr and thought thats where it might go but the diagrame i had showed differently ???

thanks feel a bit stupid now !!!
albideli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its the kit I'm thinking of, it shows the pipe on the egr and says follow the pipe to the other end and thats where the blank fits  Wink
mark3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Pajero i removed the metal pipe, the vac pipes and the 2x VSV's and put the rubber cap on the main vac pipe at its source.

(oversized photo's converted to url links. Please keep images below 800 x600 pixels and preferably 640 pixels for technical images. Moderator)

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/mobilemechanic_org/Pajero/240520111027.jpg

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/mobilemechanic_org/Pajero/240520111028.jpg

il keep hold of the twin VSV's and the EGR just incase i ever choose to refit it

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/mobilemechanic_org/Pajero/240520111030.jpg
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay okay okay , brain freeze moment Rolling Eyes

I'm my defence . the picture  just shows the hard pipe and then blanked off onto that  Smile
rossco
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark3 - the hose comes off the egr and into a wee plastic type box - same ish as the one that sits on your cooler in the picture
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa!  :?

Before you go disconnecting too much can I just ask if you have an ABS system fitted to the Deli?

IE a box with metal pipes coming out of it that is fitted under the air filter housing!

Also how many vacuum servo's are there above the EGR - IE fastened to the side of the intercooler - two or three?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
rossco
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i do have abs fitted ?
I'm gonna do what i 1st thought  (before brain freeze)- plates on ,follow hose from egr and replace with blanked one !

looks like three attached to the side !
albideli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, thats the only way to go, pull the pipe off the EGR follow it to the other end, take it off there and replace with the blank.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right!  :D

What you now need to do is look to the drivers side of the bulkhead, toward the brake master cylinder, where you will see a small vacuum hose coming off one of a group of four pipes, held in a white plastic block, and going to the EGR solenoids (NB: They are idle up solenoids, which increase fuel flow to the injector pump). That hose needs to be fitted onto the end of the tube where you have the rubber blanking end, next to the large hose, in the photo above.

Another of the vacuum hoses, which may have a yellow dashed line marker along it goes over the top of the engine block to the back of the fuel pump idle up actuator.

The remaining vacuum solenoid fitted to the side of the intercooler is the idle up for the aircon. You should have a vacuum hose going to that branching off from the front end of the metal part of the vacuum pipe, forward of where the EGR was fitted as per this photo (NB: the one in the photo is blanked off as my aircon has been disconnected as well):-

One of the vacuum pipes from the aircon solenoid will go to the double pair of EGR solenoids.  disconnect that and replace it with the one coming from the back of the fuel pump idle up actuator.

If that has been done right the EGR solenoids should not now be connected to anything and can be put away for storage.

If you want to refit the EGR in the future then this diagram and photos should help:-

The long yellow dashed hose goes to the back of the fuel pump.

The long white dashed hose goes to the lowest of the four metal pipes on the bulkhead.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:07; edited 2 times in total
rossco
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put blanking plates on yesterday and  :D  no smoke and no tickyty noise problem sorted  :D  :D
rossco
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like to thank everyone for their help  :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: