4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

The 3rd Weston Meet - 29th May 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 18:56    Post subject: The 3rd Weston Meet - 29th May 2005 Reply with quote

Another mega Meet

***For information only***

The date has been set for the 3rd Weston Beach Meet as the 29th May 2005.
This is the 1st anniversary of the 1st meet at Weston  Rolling Eyes

Starts at 11am

Now we should be getting the hang of this.... So let's make this the best yet 8)
Last Years event:

To add your name to the list and make suggestions/comments etc, please check the main thread:

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3380

Attendees, so far...
    Mystery Machine
    steven
    IanFJ
    Rays
    Trevaxemanhart
    1170cbx
    Artic Fox
    kaz451
    Marcos Bloke
    Phill
    Pad
    Little Pajali
    Andyfireblade
    Doms Deli
    2e0gsi?
    John Cook
    OldSkool Beat
    Raymondo
    Tazza 327
    Japsti3
    Woody6242
    ccapell57
    BigT
    LutonBlue

Hopefuls...
    the kitten
    Mr101
    Rusty (With new expansion tank & Bonnet) :D
    Wooly
    Dom (With new engine?)
    Eagles (With new everything!!!)
    ALC (If he's finished decorating!)
    Daz (With new water pump?)
    Bigpantsblue
    billy bob
    doug chelt

Mark.Giles
    Chris and Martha Bagnall (If they can find it!) Embarassed

Over 25 possible Delis so far... Got the makings of a MEGA meet, I reckon Wink

Anyone else got problems? Shocked Embarassed

Please pm me to be put on the list. (Or removed!)

Look forward to seeing you all there 8)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 18:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 19:49    Post subject: Map from Mystery Machine Reply with quote

I've copied a post here of a Map etc from - Mystery Machine.
Thanks Bruce, hope you don't mind me putting it here...
Bruce wrote:

Hello everyone......

Here are the details and directions to get to the Weston Meet on the 29th. :D

Sorry for the delay in posting these up - its been a bit mad in at work with all the coursework & exams recently. Sad

I've done each map to give fairly clear indications of where everything is, and these you can then print off to bring with you (so no excuses for getting lost!).

Some of us are meeting at a pub (The Full Quart on the A370) at 11.00, a quick drink & chat to give others time to arrive, then on to the beach to be on the sand by 12.00/12.30 (same as last two meets)

If anyone arrives at the beach before us - try and find a fairly good spot near the dunes so we can have a go at some dune bashing! :D

If you have any doubts please PM me and I can give you my contact number.

Here is the general location of the three main places.

For those meeting at the pub, here is its general location. If you are coming from the M5, it's on the left IMMEDIATELY after Mendip Caravans, which you can't miss (there is also a speed camera outside Mendip Caravans - so WATCH YOUR SPEED!! It's 50mph BTW! Wink )

This shows a bit more detail of the campsite and beach in relation to the M5.

More detail of the West End Farm campsite location.

Bruce wrote:
This shows more detail of how to get to the beach. Follow the BLUE line to take you to the correct part of the beach. The main part of the road on the left is the A370 that can be seen more clearly in the other maps.

CAMPING

Above are directions to a campsite if you are coming from afar! This site was used last year and everyone who stayed on it said it was a good place. At least this year they'll be used to a brace of Deli's appearing!! If you are camping, you'll need to ring the site and book your own pitch. HERE are the details of the site.

I've spoken to the campsite already and they say there should be spare room - but I might have to ask you to make your own arrangements because I have a LOT of work on this week and I'm not sure if I'll have time to keep phoning the campsite.

FOOD
As for food, I'll be bringing 2 disposeable BBQ's, I think Ian is doing the same - HOWEVER - with 15+ cars expected, I think more will be required!! Shocked If everyone brings SOMETHING to cook on - we shouldn't go far wrong, and some of you might get to take your BBQ's home if they aren't needed :D (rather be safe than sorry though!)

I'll have a gas stove AND gas BBQ to cook cups of tea and heat Rusty's kebabs (I'll remember the water and gas pipe this time!! Embarassed )

The best suggestion I can make is if everyone just brings a range of food to cover ROUGHLY the amount they would need for the number of people they are bringing. I'll personally be bringing Burgers and Sausages, some Kebabs and some bread rolls. I think that will be more than enough considering it's JUST ME in the Mystery Machine (the Monkey has to work again - says her evil dictator boss bitch!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad )

If some can bring more kebabs & burgers, some salad & pasta, some crisps & dips, some puddingy 'things', some sausage rolls etc..... then I think we can have a rather splendid, bellyfilling banquet! :D :D

OTHER THINGS
Some seating is good - last time we had a range of chairs (again - I'll have 2 deck chairs and a picnic table) so the more of that the better.

Tables are always useful (especially when we consider the VOLUME of nosh that will be in attendance! :D

General cutlery and plates, tongs for BBQ's etc....

Something to play with Laughing - I mean like frisby etc......you smutty minded lot!! Shocked I'll have my giant outdoor darts again and a frisby - the beach is HUGE - so anyone with powerkites etc.. are more than catered for.

I think that's about it, but I'm sure you'll remind me of anything I've missed!! :?

Bruce.

Oh yes - If anyone has one of those Gazebo things, that might be useful to add some shade if it's REALLY hot :D , or some shelter if it's PIS*ING it down!! Sad

I hope this all makes sense?? :?

Sorry if it seems I'm taking over - I just wanted to make sure everyone had all the detials they needed??

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. Look forward to seeing you all on the day.... 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: