Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 cutting out? LOOK HERE first!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 19:13    Post subject: L300 cutting out? LOOK HERE first! Reply with quote

Right then, I've had this problem and so have 2 other people I know of.

If your L300 keeps cutting out please check under the passenger side rear where the fuel tank is and see if there is any damp patches of diesel around the fuel tank.

There seems to be a weak point on the older L300's where the fuel pickup pipes on the top of the rear tank (for 2 tank models) corrode allowing air to get in.

I had the problem on mine and had to have the pickup/tank sender unit removed and the pipes repaired. This exact same thing has now happened to 2 other L300 owners I know of.

It's a pretty simple and cheap fix and may just save you hours of head scratching!! Any more info on this just give me a shout!

Cheers

Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 19:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Kwales

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, worth making this into a sticky.
bigstu21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep my brothers motor was one of the others and the spare i had was just as bad and they can be fully refurbed at a decent cost, i have a spare being refurbed now if anyone has the problem Wink
swizzer is my hero Laughing  saved me taking any other bits off as i would never have guessed looking there
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwales wrote:
Good call, worth making this into a sticky.

Have already requested it mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: