4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

setup for newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delikev

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 13:18    Post subject: setup for newbie Reply with quote

Hi, I've had a look at a few websites looking for a starter package including all the bits i need to get up and running but I really don't have a clue what is good or not. Really I wanted to get the kit for my wife as she used to use cb with her older brothers and love it, so wanted to get it put in the Deli for her ( Wink  )

Could someone please give me some pointers of what i should be looking for and what I should avoid.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 13:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bob Ellison
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at www.4x4cb.com they have loads of info and will also personally answer any queries you have.

:D
MDOCUK LTM No 101
POCUK LTM No 19
delikev

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Bob
nuty b/p

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 18:45    Post subject: radio Reply with quote

Hy ham radio is better than C B ,i was on am & F M ,
You can take the foundation corce & you will pass,
10 watts of power & speek to people all over the world,
yours richard
my call 2e0ntt
what you get enjoy it in the Deli,
she has just cot me £165 in dev to go to noth wales with
caravan on tow, Bailey senator two birth, the ritz from skipton nth yorks,
forgot it was on the back, green over gray. :D  :D  :D  :D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 22:59    Post subject: Re: radio Reply with quote

nuty b/p wrote:

Yes you can talk to people all over the world, but without a CB you still won't be able to talk to the other users who have them in theirs. Such as when enroute to meets, driving in a club convoy, weekend camps or whilst offroading!

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
m0jfk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 13:31    Post subject: Midland Alan Reply with quote

The Midland Allan  78+ is a nice radio and got the CEPT, UK and other bands on it ...along with AM too.
Nice and small so won't take up much room in your 4x4.

If you like the 10 Meter stuff that hams use and they transmit on the CB bands the MAGNUM 257 is very nice with operating modes of AM, FM, USB, LSB but you do need to have a ham licence for it otherwise Plod will have it off you if your caught with it...got 25 Watt's of power out the back also.
m0jfk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00    Post subject: Re: radio Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
nuty b/p wrote:

Yes you can talk to people all over the world, but without a CB you still won't be able to talk to the other users who have them in theirs. Such as when enroute to meets, driving in a club convoy, weekend camps or whilst offroading!

I have known people to fail at the foundation (first part) of the radio ham licence so should not be taken for granted...having said that I think the youngest person to pass is a six year old.

Typical questions are in this format below

What symbol describes the positive side of a battery in the picture below?

A. the side marked with a +
b. the side marked with a -
c .any side + or -
d. none of the above
kamil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 23:59    Post subject: What should I buy????? Reply with quote

Hi all, I would like to ask you to help me with communication equipment for our trip. I have read few post and websites, but with my english it is really hard to understand everything.

What I need? I need something which will work  everywhere in the world. I would like to call home with it, use it in emergency or just communicate with other drivers. In Australia they use UHF radio, I have no idea what they use in Russia or south America, Canada,...

I was told, that this one is good for everything http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/1857.html

What would you buy?

Thanks
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:31    Post subject: Re: What should I buy????? Reply with quote

kamil wrote:
Hi all, I would like to ask you to help me with communication equipment for our trip. I have read few post and websites, but with my english it is really hard to understand everything...............

What would you buy?

Well I would rather have one of these:- http://www.globaltelesat.co.uk/satphone/Thuraya_SO-2510_SatPhone.html  :D

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: