Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Camper plans for Delica

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BiNgO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:50    Post subject: Camper plans for Delica Reply with quote

Hey anyone got a good idear to convert a Delica into a good pratical camper all would help thaks \\BiNgO
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

from time to time fitted stove / sink units come up on ebay...

full on conversions appear too....

most people seem to just rig up some sort of bed ontop of the rear seats, and stow everything else under them...

I have a very basic option...

this is a ready-bed from Argos...

that was before fitting some curtains for £45....

So the sky is the limit as I have seen full on camper conversions done with toilet etc etc....
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could fit a cooker unit like this one:-

Then add a home made bed like this one:-

Or do a conversion like this Hyundai H1 (Delica look-alike) one that Dave mentioned back in February:-

Dave wrote:
Here's a Hyundai H1, Essentially a Deli van, using the same body as an L400. They also do the HSV, which is a Deli 4x4 copy.
I,m sure Lewis can come along and translate it for us, and come up with more piccies from his amazing collection Laughing

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/crpt/projecto_h12.html

PS: Dave I forgot to say:- Funny - V. Funny  Laughing  

I also spotted a Youtube video a few weeks back about an Autralian Guy who had converted a L400 into a camper and was embarking on an overland trip from Beijing to Moscow in it; But I can't find the link again.  :?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
lenandaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
I also spotted a Youtube video a few weeks back about an Autralian Guy who had converted a L400 into a camper and was embarking on an overland trip from Beijing to Moscow in it; But I can't find the link again.  :?

I can't insert links yet due to my "Newbie status", but do a search for

Melbourne to Moscow

There are parts 1, 2 and 3.  

Hope this helps!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the one - Cheers mate!

Link

Though having reviewed it, it wasn't the conversion I was thinking of.

The one I'm thinking of was similar to Hawke's L300 camper.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
BiNgO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that posted replys BiNgO : :D
steve b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did that ??? thats very,very professional and impressive !!!!! expect a few enquiries  Smile
Monckyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the pics prob make it look better finished.
Main prob I had was what Bingo will come up against, which is height.
If you aren`t fitting a pop-top, then you ned a layout that`ll let you cook, get to the fridge, all drawers and storage, from the sitting position. Else your back will kill you.
That`s why one of my bed bases is smaller than the other. Access through, but also that`s the main cooking position, everything can be done from there.
The bed base extends for the bed, via a fold down flap.
okay so I have a LWB, but there`s only 20 cm in it.
L3/400s should manage a double bed/seats, cooker/sink. Fridge and storage.Freah and waste water tanks can be strapped underneath between the spare and the axle, or on L300s down the offside near the rear aircon.
L400s have the advantage of being able to fit front Captains seats too, that extends your viable living area.
On mine, like the L300s I had to use the "hump" of the engine gearbox, as part of my bed when extended, so my head actually rests on that shelf bit. Gives me an extra 20cm legroom!
Delis should make great campers, never get stuck in mud, loads of rooflights for light and air, great versatile seats and trim.
Under beds can do most of your storage.
Rest can go on the roofrack!
I`m working on a sort of "vannexe" type thing at the mo, using tent material, that should clip or velcro, to the rear tail lift.
If it works out and looks okay, I`ll post a pic. Should extend the back area for barbies picnics etc.
Dave
motorang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats mine:

http://motorang.com/sonstiges/L300_Ausbau2.htm

Andy
chopper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lewis

Were O were would I get one of them cooker sink combos you posted pics of they seem to fit perfect and have the cooker right at the back and look like they were designed buy the guy that did the Deli's insides I would kill to get my hands on a set for my bus (want to tax it as a camper van but not lose to much space to sprawl out and play xbox n stuff)

did some of find a unit and mod it very well or can this set up be ID in any way to try and find one the same

Thanks

Chopper

PS want to figer out a way to make a pop top for her for next to nothing something like a roof box with a hole in the bottom and some tarp.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was sold by an ex club member a couple of years back.

As far as I can remember it was originally a factory fitted item, from a Mazda Bongo!

ルイス
Lionsden
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic of the unit I've just made, it's nearly finnished I'm just working on the heat shield being hinged in stead of removable how it is at the minute, and possibility of another hinged shield to reach up to the roof and protect it more. Just looking for the best things to use, the heat shields at the rear of the unit to protect the truck I've made from old computer sides (the part which slides off), To buy a fitted unit seemed imposible for less than a small fortune, but this has only cost me around £70 to build.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that guys

Lewis do you have any other clue as to were I might start to tack down this type of sink cooker the shape seems to fit perfect and ill love to try and neatly fit one just like it with the round corners and light weight  
I was a chippy (carpenter) for years and could go about looking to make a wooden based one (although theses days I've no tools) but wood much prefer that it was a plastic build like this, wipe clean and neat and tidy like its always been there.

My next choice would be to make one from the fame work of light aluminum stands that you get to keep your cooker on when camping and rig up a neat heavy duty warp around zip up bag type cover. Like you get on a lot of out door fridges.

To try and make it look a little better than a holiday home look.

So this combo you posted just fits the bill spot on.

PS do my captain center row seats flip up like they do in the back ground of that shot of the inside of the van with the cooker combo I've got such a -- for

Thanks
you guys rock

Chopper
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

chopper wrote:
... Lewis do you have any other clue as to were I might start to tack down this type of sink cooker

Sorry no!  Sad

chopper wrote:
.... do my captain center row seats flip up like they do in the back ground of that shot of the inside of the van with the cooker combo I've got such a -- ...

If its an L400 Yes!  Play about with the lever that shows a piccy of the seat flippin up on it!  Rolling Eyes

ルイス
chopper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

k sorry for the newbb one there thanks for your help guys

any one else seen any good camper conversions ill be stating one soon and want to keep lots of chill out room (for my self and xbox) in her cary a bit of gear and not look like I did it out of chip board and inspiration greatly apcerated
chopper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a link to one of them cooker units you were right they are from a mazda bongo

mazda bongo campers

this is the unit I want for the back on my L400 but how could i ever get this one or make one that look just like it

ahhhhhh

also need to keep room for the veg tank
chopper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

bingo or more like bongo

I've found it I hope

slide out cooker uint for in door out door cooking in your Deli / bongo

may these guys for a quote
chopper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm starting to get closer to building my camper I've started to into the likes of water tanks and garden chests to get close to the look and fuction i want and at the mo there is a nice little chest in B&Q for 50yo yo and seem to be the right size and would look the part

I've been into Mazda to see if they can get me one of those units but no news yet

realy want to get that rounded modeled plastic look
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just remembered that there is a company at Shepley, near Huddersfield, called ''Wellhouse Leisure, just behind the Sovereign Garage. They convert Bongo's into motorhomes. Try contacting them as they may have taken those units from vehicles they have imported for conversion!  Wink

HTH

ルイス
chopper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one dude I've tryed mailing a couple of bongo importers and converters they said they some time come up on the bay but I'll try these lot later when I get home coz can't get at there email on my iPhone as it's a flash site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: