2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Diesel Additives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:54    Post subject: Diesel Additives Reply with quote

Anyone any preferences/recommendations or, more especially, any warning of brands to steer clear of?

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

well. we use redex diesel treatement, the ones that come in the one shot bottles, picked up a handful at a quid a piece, and we stick it in when we remember when we fill it up.

economy seems really good on this Deli, hard to say what we'd average on mpg, but I'd say about 25-27 summat like that, depends what we are doing, can do a 100 miles on a 1/4 tank, then use another 1/4 going 40 miles on short trips Rolling Eyes

but hey, i get that Twisted Evil feeling every time i look at the beast let alone drive it, so who needs economy as well? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use millers diesel plus and it is very good a lot of the paj boys use it and it does exactly what it says on the tin!Better mpg more power no smoke cleans injectors and lubricates pump its about £8 a bottle but you only use 20ml every tankfull so it lasts a fair while.hth

Marc 8)

willisa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc wrote:
i use millers diesel plus
Thanks for that Mark - OH and I were discussing this very topic this am. Can anyone recommend an oil too?

Cheers

Lisa

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear 2.8Tdi Royal Exceed
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy doody :D
Millers do there own range of oils too which are meant to be really really good,i think it was richie over @pocuk that said about there oils and he was very impressed as were some others,ile get the suppliers details from him they do mail order to i beleive if there isn't a stockist nearby.if not the general concencus seems to be castrol gtd magnatec thats also the mutts danglys but its also very expensive too tho Shocked hope that helps

Marc 8)

jps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Guys

The link for Millers site is http://www.millersoils.co.uk/
You can buy online from the site.

Cheers Jim :D
bobgell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used on recommendation, "Forte" fuel treatment for diesels. Have heard that engines failing MOT's on emissions are cleaned right up like new with this stuff. I had it from my local 4x4 independent repairer. I reckon that Millers is good too though.

For oil, I reckon Valvoline Diesel Turbo is good stuff. Recommended by said 4x4 man above, and at about £8 a gallon, is top quality at good value. Do we really need to use super super synthetic oils on a ten or more year old engine design? Modern engines are designed for synthetic but there wasn't such a thing ten years ago, and I think these engines are happy enough or maybe even happier on traditional oils. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Robin
tricky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just checked with my local Mitsubishi dealer in Yeovil -

Been informed that their recomendation for the 2.5 TD L300 is a MINERAL 15W-40. They also said that the oil must state that it is suitable for Turbo engines as the oil is under enormous pressure and heat as it passes through the turocharger bearings.

They suggest NOT using fully synthetic oil as it's 'TOO SLIPPERY' !!! and too fluid ?!?!? So could get past the piston rings and / or down the valve guides - causing blue smoke, and more carbon deposits than usual - subsequently you get more engine oil being burnt and the engine needing more frequent oil top ups.

There you have it - if your engine needs topping up regularly - at the next service - make sure you use a mineral oil and see if there's a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: