2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

towing with Delica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George E Clark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 20:30    Post subject: towing with Delica Reply with quote

Help ! I have towed for many years  and rely on my nearside mirror.  I have just bought my first Delica (automatic)as my pag. gearbox failed.  My problem is the nearside mirror being set forward to put a towing mirror on it is behind the corner pillar, how have fellow members got round this problem all sugestions greatly received    L413XHY
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 20:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi is it an L300?
The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
George E Clark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi  Yes it is a L300 about 1994   george
mamos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same dilemma at the moment.

I love my L300, I have just bought the caravan of our dreams, the one we have been looking for for 5 years and I don't think the Delica is going to tow it.

I really, really don't want to swap my L300 for a 400. They just don't do it for me in any way. My wife is viewing Land cruisers and nissan patrols. I need to turn my 300 into a towing machine and quick or else I am going to wake up one day driving a very boring vehicle indeed

please help

mamos
Dantheman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't tow, but the nearside is the one with the long arms on so should be easy enough to make something up that can be attached.

A small bullbar CB mount should fit onto it and then some sort of mirror attached to that should do the trick? Probably need a cuppa and an open minded search for automotive mirrors on eb-ay.

You may even be able to modify the small round mirror to point back?
George E Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mamos please contact me at 01159261794  we have much in common Gec
Duxy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the long mount on the nearside mirror and so I made up a short mount out of the original parts, its now mounted on the door, its dark now but will take some pics and post tomorow. Check with Ange, I have a feeling she has door mounted ones on her van.

Good luck. Smile
Duxy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to show you what I've done;

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/duxy_2008/DSC00074.jpg
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/duxy_2008/DSC00075.jpg
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/duxy_2008/DSC00076.jpg
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/duxy_2008/DSC00077.jpg

This is how I mounted mine, the bottom mount I got as a complete mirror from halfords and fitted the bars by flattening the end,drilling them and bolting them together the bottom mount is fixed to the door with double sided number plate tape and 4 self tapping screws, the top is drilled and bolted through the window frame, have been on 3 years now and no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: