Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

First Tow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:45    Post subject: First Tow Reply with quote

Towed for the first time on Friday - great stuff - but i couldn't seem to get more then 55 out of it. Now I know you Can't go scooting along at 90 with a van on the back but it did seem to struggle, I didn't this the bus would "struggle" thats my only concern. The van is only small after all. Anybody got any advise or tips.

Thanks

Matt
The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Soulman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance the trailer brakes were binding a bit?

Chris
grasshole (RIP)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a boost gauge/recalabration me thinks and a damn good service  Wink
Ange

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size of the engine with the weight of a caravan it should pull better than that .... :?

I'd check the brakes on the caravan too....

Ang x
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

What road were you on, the speed limit is lower on all road's while towing. Oh, and I'd check the brakes.. Also it could have been head wind, that would make a difference. 8-)

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
notty

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use the O/D switch when she struggled...but only on hills.....anyway 55mph is plenty!.....are you in a race to have an accident or go on holiday ? Rather have an accident at 55mph with a caravn on the back than doing anything more !...

oops...had too many ciders again....speaking my mind sorry
skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I was on the motorway.

@Notty, no problem speaking your mind pal. Like i did say in the original post, i am aware that i Can't scoot around - my concern is that the vehicle is "struggling" to get to that speed, and "struggling" to maintain it. I didn't expect a Deli to struggle with a 14 foot van.

Sooooo the worry is that somethings not working right, not that i can't ton it down the motorway.

I'm gonna have the brakes on the van checked, i did check all this after i purchased the caravan, but you never know. Also gonna give the Deli a service and see what happens. It deserves a good service anyhoo.
It could also be down to some issues I'm having with BIO at the moment, but the towing didn't improve after a new fuel filter either.

thanks again guys..

Matt
The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: