Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

(E)SVA concerns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 19:44    Post subject: (E)SVA concerns Reply with quote

Just read on the Bongofury forum about a proposed change in the 10 yr rule etc....

This could obviously affect Delicas et-al.

Info is here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/sectionecwholevehicletype/

Bongofury post
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 19:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like if you want a newer Delica get it before next April or you will pay more, and newer imports are going to have emission based road tax !

but on a brighter note, it looks like once imported into any EU country it will be easy to register it in another ??
Ferrit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lifted this from my post in the Non technical queries section so I apologies if you have read this already but this is a better home for it and I have added some bits re VED and the available Model Reports.

I am currently contemplating whether to import a facelift Deli through an agent; however one of the things putting me off was the change from SVA & ESVA to the new IVA (Individual Vehicle Assessment).  Initially Googling the web and scanning through various imported vehicle forums put the fear of God into me as it appeared that the new system would be a major ball ache.

However after a bit more digging this probably is not going to be the case.  A model report would appear to still be a method of showing compliance and it would appear from the draft inspection manual that there is nothing out of the ordinary in there. For certain parts of the vehicle the Japanese Standard is deemed to be acceptable and meet EC requirements

This is an interesting section lifted straight from the Draft Inspection manual:-
“Mass produced vehicles from Japan. To prove compliance with the listed standards, a Japanese de-registration document (or equivalent, original not a copy) must be provided when the vehicle is presented for test. It must contain a Type Designation number. Such vehicles will only need to be tested to certain sections of the manual”

Latest VOSA IVA Newsletter
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/IVA%20Newsletter%202009.pdf#xml=http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/cgi-bin/texis.exe/webinator/search/xml.txt?query=iva&pr=crt&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=500&rlead=500&sufs=2&order=r&cq=&id=49a38ceb199

Draft IVA Inspection Manual
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/IVA-Inspection-Manual-for-M1-Passenger-Cars-V3.2.pdf

So if I understand this correctly, which might not be the case, the new IVA regs will actually not be a lot different from the current SVA & ESVA system. The 10 year rule does appear to go out the window though.

My original take on the tax situation for vehicles registered before 1st March 2001 (original Japanese registration date, not the UK registration of the vehicle) was that they were taxed on engine size not emissions (over 1549cc band). However this might not be the case as the ESVA model reports for PE8E & PD8W have emissions data on them. CO2 levels of over 300 g/km are band G (225g/KM and over) and come in at a whopping £400 p.a.

KD-PE8W (SWB High Roof incl Crystal Lite)
Model Report for KD-PE8W

KD-PD8W (SWB Aero Roof)
Model Report for KD-PD8W

Although the model report from Model Reports Direct for the PE8W doesn't have the CO2 figure
Model Reports Direct - PE8W model report

The question is what qualifies as the registration date? The date the vehicle is first registered in the UK irrespective of the age related plate it recieves or the date of manufacture for which the vehicle recieves the age related plate?

And also will the exisitng Model Reports still be vaild, or will new need to be issued?

Its an absolute minefield and no doubt the best advise is to sit and wait for these queries to be answered in due course. If anyone can fill in the blanks in the time being I would be over the moon.

Cheers
Ferrit
Duracell Bunny
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Passenger Cars - M1 (no more than 8 passenger seats in addition to the driver's)

Passenger Cars - M1 29th April 2009*

Special Purpose Passenger - M1 29th April 2012*

*Unless your vehicle already has an approval certificate, is a 'Special Purpose' vehicle or is more than 10 years old at the time of application

Been told that at the moment a vehicle that is 10 yrs or older will go through a "basic" IVA test which is similar to the old Sva test.........

This basically means that a 10 yr old fresh import will Not be subject to emissions testing....... Yet........ :D

Anything younger than 10 yrs old Will be subject to taxation class based emissions testing........... Sad   Sad

Quote:
Will Model Reports still be used when the IVA scheme is introduced?

Yes, the Model Report system will be in place for IVA. However the Model Report numbering may change as reports will reflect the revised criteria applicable under the IVA scheme.

That's as clear as mud as well then............. :?  Rolling Eyes
cowrig

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IVA test is fairly straight forward and much better than the esva test in the past . No model report is needed as long as the vehicle has been registered abroad and has a de registration certificate from the country it is being imported from. This gives most of the information required eg emissions etc. The test mainly  checks that the vehicle complies with the manufacturers specifications eg wheelbase lights seats seat belts etc. Fog lights must come on with dip and main beam only.Driving lights must comply with european standards for position eg hight above ground and distance from edge of vehicle etc. Rear fog must be labled and come on with dip and main. Vehicle weight with full tank of fuel.glass tyres seatbelts etc must be ec approved.Parking poles spots rear guards and rear mirrors etc can all be left on and not removed as in the past. I have just imported a 2001 super exceed  and put it through the IVA test so I am happy to help anybody contemplating doing the same. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
francesco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm Francesco, I live in Italy and I've recently bought a 1991 Delica L300 in UK. At the moment it is parked in Bristol but I will pick it up at the end of April. I've been gathering information on how to register the car in Italy and it seems that it is not so easy (nothing is really easy here in Italy...). I would need a document that states that the vehicle is compliant to the UE laws. I've been reading your posts in the forum, hoping to find a solution and I'd like to investigate more in detail the SVA. Does the SVA state that the car is compliant to UE laws, such as 77/655/CEE... etc? Could someone send me a copy of a SVA certificate, so that i can ask the Italian authorities if this can be used in the registration process?

Another question: the car was registered in UK in 1994; what kind of document was necessary then to register the car? Could it be that the car has already a SVA (in that case i could try to track back the first owner....)?

Please help me if you can, I don't know who to ask... nobody seems to have registered a Deli here in Italy so far...

Thanks
Francesco
cowrig

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I would have thought that if the car was SVA in Britain and registered that it would be a simple matter to get it registered in Italy as it is shown to comply in an EU country.
francesco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cowrig,

I would have though the same, actually... The problem is that, as the V5C reports very poor information regarding the car (model, weight, lenght, etc...), the Italian DVLA needs a document with all missing specs therein in order to fill the new logbook. This document is called "Technical specification certificates", is provided by the manufacturer and it also states the compliance of the car to the UE/CEE laws on the basis of the specific VIN. I've been speaking to Mitsubishi Italy, who told me that they can prepare this document but they have to write that the car is not compliant to some of the UE norms. I think it is because this model was never sold in UE and therefore never underwent some of the required tests.

Now, I have been thinking that I could present the SVA instead of the Mitsubishi certificate to the Italian DVLA. Has anyone got a SVA certificate for his Deli? Can someone send me a copy, so that I can ask the italian DVLA if this document is sufficient to register the car?

As my Deli was imported in UK in 1994, do you think that it could have already a SVA? I mean, was a SVA necessary in 1994 to register a Deli in UK?

Cheers
Francesco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: