Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

car registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxigaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 16:19    Post subject: car registration Reply with quote

hello forum,
i need a little help just to understand how car registration works in england.
I'm trying desperately to register a Space Gear over here in france.
So far i went once to the drire, went okay, but now they are sending me over to do a UTAC test in paris!
i tlaked to a technician at my local drire and he said that if i could bring a document made in england, when the van was first registered there, with all the necessary tests, i wouldn't then need to go to UTAC.
My van has a V5, does that mean that it went through the sva ? does that mean that at one time a document was released prior to registration saying that the vehicle complied to UK standard?
and last, i saw on internet that for 200 pounds you could get a document called ESVA, with lots of figures on it, is that the famous document needed in UK to register a Delica?
sorry for all these questions, i'm french and have no idea how it all works in UK. I'm just trying to avoid a 1000 pound test!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 16:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK no ESVA test is required for vehicles that are over ten years old.

However all vehicles over three years old require an annual Ministry of Transport Test (MOT) to show the vehicle is fit for use. A form [VT20 is then issued to the driver if the vehicle passes the MOT.

You can see the SVA1 form here:- http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/SVA1%20Ministers%20Cert%20-%20July%2008.pdf

This website may also be of use to you:- http://www.vca.gov.uk/vehicletype/type-approval-for-ca.asp

However I do have a completed ESVA report on a L400 Delica in pdf format, so PM me your e-mail address so you can get a copy of it.  Wink  :D

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
maxigaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello guys,
just wanted to say i'm giving up the drire thing.
We frenchman have such complicated rules, it's a nightmare to get that Delica registered!
I had an appointment next week at UTAC and since i have been driving around illegally around here with GB plates i thought it would be best to get some temporary plates at the prefecture. Paris is 600 ks away.
So i spend 3 hours at the prefecture to wait for my turn, and after meeting the desk lady i was told i could not get temporary plates for the simple reason the car type is unknown!
so the only way is to drive to paris on a trailer.
Too much for me!
I have also been told the UTAC thing is not necessary if a person from great britain is bringing its Deli to france. Much easier for you guys if you wish to register your car in france.
Europe is really a mystery, but anyway, i'm moving to australia in a few month, and i'll get my Deli there.
Until then,
cheers
stef
STL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxigaz wrote:

So i spend 3 hours at the prefecture to wait for my turn, and after meeting the desk lady i was told i could not get temporary plates for the simple reason the car type is unknown!

Are you sure that she's right or is it just because she had difficulties with the computer system?

Anyway, I hope that you will have a good time in Australia! Do you bring your Deli there or buy another one?

STL
jayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 21:55    Post subject: registering Delica in France Reply with quote

Hi maxigaz,  
I haven't been on here in ages, had computer problems etc... (I'm having trouble even remembering how to do this) just read through your e-mails.  Yes what a nightmare it is to get the Delica registered here in France, we are in the LOT and have a 1987 Deli which took us 2 years to eventually get though the system.  
We then thought well we've done one it must be easy to do a second Delica and bought a 1997 new shape Delica.  We took it to the same drire, same bloke everything but again it took us two years and a load of paperwork to get it through the French system.  We argued several points, one being that the Delica had already gone through one european country ESVA test (the equivalent of the UTAC) so we didn't do it.  
To cut a very long story short we got there.  And after all that, we are now going to sell our 1997 Delica and just keep the 1987.  so if anyone in France is interested in an already French registered Delica let us know, we will be placing an ad here when I have mastered how to do it.

Sorry to hear you're giving up, the more registered here the better, but as our man at the drire said to us, "there are two laws in France, the European law and the French law.
STL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very good news Jayne because it means that you may be able to import in France other Delicas if you still have your contact at the DRIRE.

STL
jayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think (in fact I know) it would not make any difference if we put through another 5 delic's, the man at the Drire would still make us jump through hoops to get each one registered here.

One of the points he pulled up on the 1997 Delica was that the mirrors had not got the "E" mark on them and therefore weren't passed for good all round visability, I mean any bigger they'd be smashing into the other vehicles!
STL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now think it will be easier. L300 and L400 are not the same vehicle hence why it was jumping though loops once again. If you want to import another L400, it should be easier since all has been already checked (they can of course refuse at it is an individual homologation but with an honest person that should be okay).

STL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: