Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Buying a Caravan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 18:09    Post subject: Buying a Caravan Reply with quote

Any body got any tips on where i can buy a cheap less the a grand 4 berth caravan - fleabay ones seem to go for crazy cash
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 18:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound stupid but there are always some at the back of caravan dealers from trade ins or now crimble is over just drive around and if you see an unloved one on a drive put a note through the door they might need the money.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
notty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Re: Buying a Caravan Reply with quote

skunkworks wrote:
Any body got any tips on where i can buy a cheap less the a grand 4 berth caravan - fleabay ones seem to go for crazy cash

I went looking a caravan for about £800 and viewed loads all over south wales. Eventually decided to up my money and bought a very good Swift challenger 1993 4 berth end bathroom for £1500. We didn't have all the money at the time and put £800 deposit down and asked the seller to keep for a month and paid the rest out of my monthly wage and struggled for a while to pay some of the bills but was well worth it. I've seen an identical  caravan I bought go for £2200 on fleabay so gives a good incentive to spend a little more. It seems that to buy a decent caravan you need to spend from £1200 to £1800 for something in good condition.

We nearly bought one for £500 that was like a rabbit hutch and not viewing many at the time thought it was a bargain but after seeing so many we realised that theres some real good vans out there and bargains too just need to spend a little more.

hope you get what you want and if you do find one for less than a £1000 and its in good nick then well done but you need to view a lot okay. Its good advice to knocks peoples doors if they got one on their drive, you never know, they might need the money depserately
skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys that Rabbit Hutch comment made me laugh i looked at one like that yesteday it was a right auld clanger! Only been looking a week so trying to  break the habit of a lifetime and not rush into it !!!
The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
Dave C

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there are any storage places near you,they may have a noticeboard that you could look at or advertise on.Ours has.There are also some old vans on our site that you look at and wonder who pays nearly £400 a year to never move them so might be worth speaking to owner of site as he may know of owners who  may  sell cheaply.
notty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good point Dave C, our slocal storage area (£260pa) has notices all over the front security fence and theres about 20 caravns in there that aren't ever attended to but the owners still carry on paying the storage fee because they don't know what to do with them....worth asking the quetsion...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: