Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

timing chain noise? or not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 21:00    Post subject: timing chain noise? or not Reply with quote

i was driving the Deli today with the window down and the chuffing noise that can be heard inside the car at 2500 revs + with the windows up couldn't be heard from out side....is the the norm for the timing chain noise or do i have another dreaded noise that i cannot find the source of?

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

hope its the chain as I'm saving up for the job to be done and don't want to be spending 600 ish for nothing,HELP anyone any other ideas about the noise that sounds like its behind the dash Idea
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 21:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Thrash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

may sound wierd but check ya heater fan is off
then see if it still makes a noise as the heater motor/fan is right behind glovebox
DeaninNZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the chain. but just to confirm:

Is the noise only there when engine under load starting around 2400rpm?
Noise faint with windows down & fans on?
Noise more apparant windows up, stereo off and fans off?

The acid test is to take the oil filler cap off and try to move the chain, if it moves up and down easlily thats not a good sign also you can remove the chain tensioner and see if its working freely and give it a clean up and refit it, if the noise is still there be prepared to get you wallet out.

I have the chain problem and am trying to face up to admitting i have the problem, i may need counciling and a friendly bank manager.
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must admit imm still in shock about hearing about this problem of the timing chain that seems to be comming more common every week :? Never once have i seen on a petrol car fitted with a timing chain, never seen one fail, only when its a high performance car and its been ragged rotten or over a certain mileage (i.e. 400,000) when the tensioners and guides finally give up.

Do you think mitsuibishi know about this problem? Wonder if there were any recalls for duff tensioners? :? Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: