4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Anker towbars anyone!???

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spanners

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes joe is still around but pays me to do his work for him
he dosent have a workshop anymore he packed it in when his mechanic cleared off to mitsubishi but still ongood terms with him .
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

annek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Milwards (Jo) is still importing/selling servicing, etc.?.. I met his mechanic at mitsubishi in Worthing.. which sadly, as you must know, has now gone!..
Sorry .. this thread is kinda wandering off isn't it?!
spanners

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was me .
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
annek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please post some detailed pics of the lovely towbar if poss!! I looked at their site today, but unless you login and get an account their are no prices/details.

I had to go get some stuff out of the car this morning.. so took some pics!.. but I can't put them on my message :? .. How have others managed?  only I can't find any function to attach, and have not been able to copy.. but I have seen pics on here as I have viewed some to fix stuff before now.
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

annek wrote:
Quote:
Please post some detailed pics of the lovely towbar if poss!! I looked at their site today, but unless you login and get an account their are no prices/details.

I had to go get some stuff out of the car this morning.. so took some pics!.. but I can't put them on my message :? .. How have others managed?  only I can't find any function to attach, and have not been able to copy.. but I have seen pics on here as I have viewed some to fix stuff before now.

Hi Annek,

I had to join photobucket and upload the pics there and then link them in the post from here, not bad once you have done it once or twice as i have.

I have replied to the PM too cheers

Max.
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 14:05    Post subject: Anker towbar very reasonable price Reply with quote

Hello all,

After reading Annek's post on the anker towbar, i have just ordered one from them £80 delivered!!! this is just for the towbar no ball or electrics, as i already have two sets of each on other vehicles i'm no longer using. Looking forward to fitting it and using it.

cheers

Max.
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's arrived! this is what  I got for my £80

it's another busy weekend on the Delica Wink
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fitted the two angle pieces and the main crossmember to the truck, but i Can't seem to locate where the two strengthening plates go?? you can see them in the pic above, they should locate at the bottom of the angle plates and go up to the chassis, also not shown in the pic are the washer plates that go between the two and the bent plates with a bolt welded in that go onto the chassis. The bent plates are only bent 10 degrees or so, in the instructions it shows them bent 90 degrees.

hope someone can shed some light.. :?

Max.
IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I used a towequip bar on my L400 which I assume uses the same places for location of bolts. On mine there are two plates going towards the front that locate into existing holes in box sections running fore and aft under the floor. If no one else gets round to it I'll try and post a piccie of it.

Cheers

IanJ
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
Hi

I used a towequip bar on my L400 which I assume uses the same places for location of bolts. On mine there are two plates going towards the front that locate into existing holes in box sections running fore and aft under the floor. If no one else gets round to it I'll try and post a piccie of it.

Cheers

IanJ

thanks Ian,

I did try this as it was the only way i could see it would fit, but the plates ended up 20-30mm away from the chassis, so i thought it must be wrong. So i phoned Anker, they said that is right and fine just wind it in Rolling Eyes

So thats what i'll do, I have also opted to put single elecs on it to keep it simple.

Max
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go mechanical bit done 8-)

So I hope this gives a good idea of where everything goes, next is the elecs which does not look so straight forward. Rolling Eyes I must hoover the carpet in the lounge next time i bring the Delica in Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

cheers

Max.
annek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it look SO easy!!!!! Laughing     excellent pics.. where's the bent bar tho that bolts to the top of the strengthening arm?  I now think mine is different!?!?!.. it might not be.. will have to look again
annek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes definitely get the carpet hoovered next time before bringing in the Deli... Shocked show some respect, please! Laughing
richt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread - thanks! Got mine fitted today.  All electrics went in no problems, though have to do the reversing light tomorrow as it got dark before I'd linked in to the wire!  Looks like that could be a bit of a pain as I haven't taken the headlining out, just the side panles to give access - will get there though!
annek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wiring was relatively easy! (she says!).. well I did have help, from a mechanic with a wire tester...  but I exposed the wires on either side by simply opening the side panels and then removing the left side... a new wire was run under the carpet on the floor to the right side for an earth and the fog lamp.
rabb_uk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion but the towbars from A1 towing are a lot better looking than the anker ones, Anker use box section and angle iron whereas A1 towbars use laser cut shaped side plates and formed rear bars which look a better and more like a OEM bar, after fitting several of both types the A1 bars fit and look a lot better plus they're only £104 complete delivered.  Wink
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a towbar from Towequipe £108 delivered with single leccy and most important the after sales service is excellent.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: