Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lori

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the club shop at top of page
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 15:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

comedybob
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling guilty now....just not got round to LTM....will do as soon as I get paid at end of month......haven't got a brass razzoo from christmas.

Incidently I have a mate whose struggling with a t-shirt printing business (does printing on most items of clothing as well) ......he could offer pics of peoples pride and joy on a t shirt or anything they fancy (no copyright infringements) via club shop and you could slap a couple o quid on top/or agree a comission of sorts......or make up yellow diamond tees/ customised with peoples names on/Deli pics or some amusing ditty?.....just a thought......no hard sell Wink

Regards

Bob
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i joined in Jan this year and thought i would give my considered opinion.
I am a member on a Mondeo site not as an enthusiast but just for info i did not need to join to get the info i wanted but did anyway as a thankyou for the service and thats a fiver a year.
My brother in law has a Peugeot and those sites want cash up front for even a sniff of help.
Our site is a lot of money £25 a year for people who may not keep a Deli for long or may be tight or skint but £5 a year and access to a few more benefits would work and the dough would come rolling in.
Bazza  
ps i coughed my £25 up

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ian
I got the life membership cos i will be keeping the Deli for some time and i thought it was a good idea to support the club/site.I am a Deliholic but some people use it as just a vehicle so they just get info and would not cough up and i spose thats fair enough,
I think a fiver a year for extended membership that was mentioned in earlier posts is a goodun and also there seems to be a lot of names of people that registered years ago and ain't been back since so maybe a list of "active" users would give a better idea of Deliness.
Bazza
ps I reckon some Del's have been in the club longer swapping between new owners and has anyone waved at a Deli and a bemused person looks back?

Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I fit in then, I paid the money and flogged the bus? tard
That wasn't very Yorkshire, was it? Embarassed

At least then, I can keep on 'appearing' now and then I suppopse. Wink
Keeping you all on your toes!<LoL>
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per previous comments £25 for lifetime membership is double cheap cos i could still be posting in 30 years but it is still a big lump of money for some people where a fiver a year isn't.I ain't been around long and have no idea how the club finances itself to keep going but if no one joins you have no income financing the site.
Bazza

midnitewolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only just seen this thread  :?
To be honest, if you had to pay for this site, I would never of joined. don't all go poking my eyes out!! I wouldn't of joined because I wouldn't of known how damned good and useful it was.
As soon as I looked around then got my Deli, I signed up straight away and got the white dials to boot.
So maybe a joining fee isn't the answer.
I was wondering if "merchandise" such as T shirts etc could help or if it would cause more problems with having to pay up front and not know if you are sat with £1,000 worth of Tshirts sat in your cupboard.
I was also wondering if you were to bring out a yearly badge sized sticker, or mini yellow diamond with the year on it so maybe bringing in extra funds at the time of year that you need the money more? Say in May you release the 2009 mini yellow diamond for £x then the same in May 2010.
Also, I think it has been mentioned that at meets ask everyone to pay £5 or even just a contribution in a hat to keep the club going.
I do think with the economic climate that some members would just not be able to come up with £x annual fee, thus losing some very good and helpful members?
Or simply mention when something is due such as server renewal or the such as you have done here. I think there are many loyal members who will do the right thing as and when they can.
I know that personally I have got a hell of a lot from the club and saved myself HUGE mechanics bills. I must also admit that it hadn't even occured to me about the cost of its up keep.
Not knowing much (or anything!) about running a website I didn't even know of the costs of maintaining it.
I will send some through tommorrow.
Many thanks!
bulldoggy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this and sent a tenner (pay-pal) sorry its not more but off work right now for a good while .
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a member for quiet some time now Shocked
Only recently became a member although I did donated some back in the days of the Delicas being in with the Pajeros (POCUK)
Don't post as much as I used to but must have saved loads over the course of time due to finding decent parts suppliers via other club members, not that a lot has gone wrong with the Deli' over the last 6 years but it has done about 190,000 miles Shocked

And as for some of the friends we've made and meets we've been to well worth every penny  Wink
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally sorted my lifetime membership out! Money should be with you now Simon Wink
Deker

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:35    Post subject: Funds Reply with quote

Hi Simon.

First off, as you know, I'm not shy of speaking my mind, and have upset a few really nice folks on this forum.
I now know to my regret, unjustifiably.

Iv only just found this thread (in Caps to emphasize) 'COS YOUV'E HIDDEN THIS TOPIC IN COMMON CHAT.

May I suggest you put your appeal at the top of the forum index as a Sticky.
At least more folks would see the appeal.

I had no idea that it costs any money to put up a free to use phpxxx forum, I'm astounded at the costs you have mentioned.

I'm a member of the Battery Vehicle Society, and also a committee member.
The BVS charges £15 or £10 (under 16, or retired) per annum, although printed and posted magazines are included.

The BVS forum has limited access to non members, and as a similarity to your forum (LTMs) BVS comm. members have a separate area.

The BVS has around 500 members, the finances are tight.

I would happily pay an annual subscription to your forum costs.

In my opinion, anyone who owns a Delica cannot be short of cash (exception/s, loss of job, shortage of working hours (due to recent economic problems) and sickness, etc.)).

Iv had my years of not being able to afford a luxury car, and buying the cheapest bit O junk to run my family around, including the sweat and tears keeping the thing running & roadworthy.

To me the Delica is a luxury car, which these years (as a working pensioner) I can afford to run - JUST !!!

As I see it, running this forum is a full time occupation, I feel that you should be rewarded for your efforts.
I am prepared to pay towards the forum/server costs, including your well being, by way of an annual subscription.

Occasionally the BVS forum manager runs a "Poll", can you do the same in this forum ?.
If so, may I suggest you run a "Poll" to see how many users would pay a yearly fee, from that you may be able to calculate an annual membership fee.

Deker.
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Deker notworthy

The thing is, the MDOCUK, like the sister sites, has it's foundations on the good-will of the members.

I've always had an issue with charging an annual membership fee to those people who freely give their time and expertise that contributes to making this such a great community.

The LifeTime Membership is supposed to be a way of achieving the right balance - allowing people to freely contribute towards the substantial costs of providing the free services here.

Of course, there are those cynical few who imagine that the money goes straight into my beer fund Rolling Eyes

Here's one I recently found for example (on facebook of all places) ...

On FaceBook, Marc Carter wrote:
Simon of MDOCUK is a thief and will rip you off so when he begs for money on his site don't give him any.He says hes been out of work for 9 months and needs it to keep the club going but in reality hes still working in his office and the club is ran on his company server so costs him nothing.

hmmm

I don't know what's more incredible ... the bare faced lies, the plain stupidity of this ignorant moron or the fact that FaceBook and similar sites are allowed to be used by spineless idiots such as this to publish libel on their servers/services.

The fact is, I make NOTHING for myself from any money directly contributed by Club Members.

The Clubs exist entirely as self-supporting communities ... I had no idea, over 8 years ago, how much it would affect my (and my family's) lives and I certainly had no idea what it would end up costing every year to keep the services running!

Anyway - back on track ...

Thank you again - and to those of you who have already taken up LifeTime Membership - you have no idea how valuable your financial support is - thank you notworthy

Simon :?

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™
Ange

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've paid for lifetime membership, but have been used to paying every year...£20.  So come next year I will more than likey cough up again....as I'm used to doing...Smile
Ang x
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this post,no idea of the cost involved will be ording my membership at the end of the month.I am a member of a mini forum and they open a community chest a couple of months before the fees are due for members to make donations and it always gets overfull so maybe thats an idea
xandercraw

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDOCUK wrote:
... the fact that FaceBook and similar sites are allowed to be used by spineless idiots such as this to publish libel on their servers/services.

They don't  ... it's clearly in their policy    you can have his account susspended i believe :D

The guy is a moron .... FACT
midnitewolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

On FaceBook, Marc Carter wrote:
Simon of MDOCUK is a thief and will rip you off so when he begs for money on his site don't give him any.He says hes been out of work for 9 months and needs it to keep the club going but in reality hes still working in his office and the club is ran on his company server so costs him nothing.

He is???
Damn. Why did no one else tell me this?
Its on face book so it must be true!!  Laughing
Hell, I would even give to your beer fund and not care less as long as you are keeping the site going! (hic)
I have easily got my moneys worth in advice alone not to mention the "community" aspect or the social side.
Lloydy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:48    Post subject: Money Reply with quote

I've just given £20.

I've saved a lot more than that over the last few years.  In fact, I don't think my Beast would still be on the road if it wasn't for the advice I have gleaned here.

Mind you, there are cheaper hosting deals out there....
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Re: Money Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
... Mind you, there are cheaper hosting deals out there....

Yes there are ...

but this is the best 'full' service deal that includes high capacities, reliability and inclusive support ...

I wouldn't have been paying for it over the last few years if it didn't work out to be such good value!

Simon thumbright

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™
Lloydy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

point taken.  It's good value in any case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: