4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Automatic car wash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 15:42    Post subject: Automatic car wash? Reply with quote

My L300 seems to get dirtier than any other vehicle I have owned.
Probably a combination of shape, big tyres and high ground clearance.

I have been washing at home with a hose - but is a big job!

Has anybody any experience of taking a L300 through an automatic wash? I note from another post somebody had problems with an L400.

I think that at least the rear parking mirror would need to be removed, but what about the passenger side mirror on the long arms will that survive? Also does the non-retractable aerial cause a problem? Do the bullbars also cause a problem or stop the front getting a full wash?

Does anybody do a regular auto wash?

Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 15:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Eagles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took mine to a hand wash place ... http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2865 £10 wash and polish and its as clean as the day i brought it Laughing . I will use them again, and i think you get a Far better job than them Automatic car washes.
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use one of the garage pressure washers. Does the job far quicker than a hosepipe, far better than an auto wash (which won't do inside the arches etc) and is also far safer than an auto wash so no need to remove your sticky out bits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: