4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

What type of CB ariel mount is best on an L300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General lee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:52    Post subject: What type of CB ariel mount is best on an L300 Reply with quote

I intend fitting a CB to my new L300 shortly and I'm not sure where to mount the ariel.

Are there any favourable positions on the L300.

L400 2.8TD EXCEED
L300 2.5TD
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BFG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Best" option is to stick the aerial directly in the middle of your vehicle, on the roof,  as this gives the best all round reception/range.
I didn't want to do this as it required the running of cable either through a drilled hole (No way was I doing that) or some other means to an entry point and I didn't
fancy a mag mount ruining the paint work.
I couldn't make my mind up for ages between Mounting it on the bull bar or to gutter mount it.

In the end I opted to gutter mount it on my L300 just behind the drivers side door, I fed the cable through the top corner of the door. The door actually closes
on the cable but is fine as theres loads of space there with door seal etc and as long as you leave a few cm of cable slack, soon takes a shape that the door dosent rub against.
Then I ran the cable along the inside top of the door frame Levering off and pushing the panels back on, with cable behind, as I went.
The cable came out level with the top of my dash and plugged into my CB radio that I screwed to the top of my Dash (above the speedo).

I wasn't sure on radio placement, but glad I ended up putting where I did as I can easily hit the scan butten etc without leaning too far and taking my eyes off the road for too long.
You can also remove the altmeteter/temp sensor dash readout and run the power cable down the same hole as I did.

Dreaming of what MOD to do next!
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a gutter mount with a 5ft springer. Works great for me. Only difference is I drilled a small hole in the body and fitted the wire through it (using a waterproof grommet of course). Lovely neat job Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: