4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Fresh Imports and the IVA (SVA replacement)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferrit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 0:31    Post subject: Fresh Imports and the IVA (SVA replacement) Reply with quote

I am currently contemplating whether to import a facelift Deli through an agent; however one of the things putting me off was the change from SVA & ESVA to the new IVA (Individual Vehicle Assessment).  Initially Googling the web and scanning through various imported vehicle forums put the fear of God into me as it appeared that the new system would be a major ball ache.

However after a bit more digging this probably is not going to be the case.  A model report would appear to still be a method of showing compliance and it would appear from the draft inspection manual that there is nothing out of the ordinary in there. For certain parts of the vehicle the Japanese Standard is deemed to be acceptable and meet EC requirements

This is an interesting section lifted straight from the Draft Inspection manual:-
“Mass produced vehicles from Japan. To prove compliance with the listed standards, a Japanese de-registration document (or equivalent, original not a copy) must be provided when the vehicle is presented for test. It must contain a Type Designation number. Such vehicles will only need to be tested to certain sections of the manual”

Latest VOSA IVA Newsletter
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/IVA%20Newsletter%202009.pdf#xml=http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/cgi-bin/texis.exe/webinator/search/xml.txt?query=iva&pr=crt&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=500&rlead=500&sufs=2&order=r&cq=&id=49a38ceb199

Draft IVA Inspection Manual
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/IVA-Inspection-Manual-for-M1-Passenger-Cars-V3.2.pdf

So if I understand this correctly, which might not be the case, the new IVA regs will actually not be a lot different from the current SVA & ESVA system. The 10 year rule does appear to go out the window though.
And if my reading of the tax situation is correct vehicles registered before 1st March 2001 (original Japanese registration date, not the UK registration of the vehicle) are taxed on engine size not emissions (over 1549cc band) therefore anything pre 2001 is not hit by the gas guzzler tax and fair game compliance wise.

By no means am I going to go rushing off and buying at an online auction just yet, it’s probably worthwhile bidding my time and waiting for the kinks in the system to get smoothed out and hopefully for the £ to strengthen against the Yen.

I would appreciate it if anyone interprets this differently to me to flag it up as I may just be getting ahead of myself

Sorry for the incredibly boring technical cobblers.

Cheers
Ferrit
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 0:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ferrit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God I can be dim, can a Mod move this to the right section please :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: