4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Milners Servicing pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyrep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Milners Servicing pack Reply with quote

hi

Has anybody tried the Milners servicing kits

air oil fuel filters and 7 litres of semi sythetic oil for £32.00

cheers Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

simmossotto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally use their oil and air filters and they are okay no problems.  haven't used their fuel filters or semi synth oil so don't know about those.
ChayCarle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 22:00    Post subject: Milners Filter Kit Reply with quote

I've just bought my first Milners filter kit without the oil.  I did so on the recommendations in this forum.  I bought my oil, Castrol Magnatec 10W40 Diesel, from Asda £6.30 for 2 litres.  I have fitted the new air filter this evening, that's the easy one.  I hope to do the oil and oil filter at the weekend.  Not sure when I'll get to the fuel filter.

Can I do the oil without a jack?

With reference to the air filter the old one was not in too bad condition but the metal section was tarnished.  Anyone know how long it takes to tarnish, I'm wondering how long it has been in?

Chay
LS20
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the Milners kit this last time.  Comes with Fuchs Titan XTR oil and the car is running very nicely on it.  I've used Castrol Magnatec in the past which was good, and while the Titan appears darker and gloopier (I'm sure oil technicians like Opie are cringing right now but I know what I mean) the car is running very nicely, and the early morning puff of smoke is almost nil.

You can easily do the oil without a jack.  Just remove the front two sump guards to get to the filter and sump plug, and ensure your catch tray is capable of holding 8l of oil  Embarassed  Smile  Idea

Chris

How great to be
a fish or a duck
Swim round all day
and not give a flip
LS20
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also intended to answer Chay's second question but no edit on this section of the forum.  My air filter had been on for <12m and the metal was tarnished so it's not necessarily a sign of long life.  Again, the filter itself looked in reasonable condition, but the new filters have made a difference.

Also recognise that the new fuel filter will have impacted on the smoky start up I suffered.  Rolling Eyes

How great to be
a fish or a duck
Swim round all day
and not give a flip
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv used milners filters kits for past 5 years since iv had it with no problems. Seems to do the job every 5000 miles. Oil always comes out as clean as it goes in almost

I use castrol 10w 40 magnatec too when i get it at a decent price
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: