Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Factory Decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonSteve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 19:05    Post subject: Factory Decals Reply with quote

Just a thought - obviously any market decals/graphics can be easily removed with a hairdryer etc but can the Mitsi ones ie Chamonix/Greenfields etc be as easily removed ?

Got a few ideas for the Deli when I eventually buy it that won't really work with those but I don't want to rule out otherwise decent motors.

Cheers
Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 19:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:35    Post subject: Re: Factory Decals Reply with quote

LondonSteve wrote:
Just a thought - obviously any market decals/graphics can be easily removed with a hairdryer etc but can the Mitsi ones ie Chamonix/Greenfields etc be as easily removed ?

Oh they certainly can. Even a child can do it!  Wink

See:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14305

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
LondonSteve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a child with access to a lock up full of solvent/adhesive remover then.....

Fortunately, I live in East London so I wouldn't completely rule that out!  Wink
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonSteve wrote:
That would be a child with access to a lock up full of solvent/adhesive remover then.....

Fortunately, I live in East London so I wouldn't completely rule that out!  Wink

No; that would be a child with access to an electric power washer, with a dirt blaster attachment on it!  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
IanFJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis

Decals only come of with pressure washers when you don't want them too Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

IanJ
LondonSteve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean't for the adhesive - sounds like you had a total nightmare getting that off !

Mind you theres a nice looking black over silver Royal Exceed just popped up ebay thats not too far from me (Southend -home of the avg speed camera)......wonder which of the kids i could leave at home/strap to the roof if i went for a 7 seater or even in that bit of extra boot space... Twisted Evil
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember looking at different delis before i got mine and i saw some jaspers and chamonaixs that were more expensive than decent royal exceeds...chances are when you buy them from a garage people don't actually know anything about royal or super exceeds being the top models. I got my super exceed from a dealer where they were selling it cheaper than a not so good conditioned Jasper.
LondonSteve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate,
You are very right in that, I've only been looking for a Deli for around 6 weeks but i've seen the difference - i've test driven a few but the main problem is that i really need an 8 seater and the top spec models all seem to have the cap chairs which was obvioulsy a higher grade option but its very frustrating to see some much higher spec cars for sale for 5-600 quid cheaper than the ones i'm looking at.
Fortunately, i don't really need an 8 seater till July (when the twins arrive) so ,as frustrating as it is, i'm kinda biding my time and waiting for the right Deli ate the right price but all the time pestering the good people on here with what seem like silly questions but there is a reason for them  :?
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can safely say all the royal and super exceeds and even some exceeds are 7 seats...However it is possible to change to an 8 seater by buying off ebay or alike, i don't think it would be to much effort to fit as the mountain points for 8 seats must all be ther anyway. Its only a second bench seat
LondonSteve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already covered that on another thread somewhere,
The conversion would involve loads of welding and removing underbody parts etc - i'm also lookig at the possibility of bolting in a double front seat from something like a VW t4 but i need to find both in a scrappy to see how the mounting bolts etc line up and much work that would involve if its even possible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: