Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

dvd head unit in an L300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 23:01    Post subject: dvd head unit in an L300 Reply with quote

does anyone know if you can fit a head unit in the rear of a 300
in-between the two vents in the roof between the front and rear?
or is there something in the way.
too tricky to take the headlining out, if someone already knows, saves me a wasted job.

cheers

rik
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 23:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik,

Sorry, but the answer to your question is a definite NO!! Sad

The section you are talking about is taken up with the ducting to the air vents and all the wiring to the roof blinds (if you've got them? I can't tell from your sig pic!)

The places you might be able to fit one (if you are certain you want one in the back) are: In the pocket next to the rear heater controls (might have the audio stage unit there instead of the pocket depending on the spec of the motor?) or the rear pocket to the side of the rear bench seat. I can't be certain that a DIN sized head unit will fit, but these are your most likely possibilities?

The most obvious place is in the front, do you have a single DIN headunit? If so - mount the DVD unit below it and wire it up as a combi system? Most DVD headunits come with a remote so you can still control it from the back - this will also make it easier to integrate into the sound system etc....

The other problem with mounting a unit in the back (in either of the places I suggested) is that only a few DVD units are capable of being mounted vertically! It would look 'trick' if you could do it though - this is where I was thinking of doing mine (although I've got a LOT more plans for an enetertainment system - but want to get the funds together before disclosing my plans!! Twisted Evil )

Not sure if this is of much help - but might negate the need for you to go ripping out the roof lining!! Wink

Cheers for now,

Bruce.

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure there is room beneath the rear pockets next to bench seat for a DIN device - I keep an emergency triangle under one side and jump leads under the other!

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
chiefie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers bruce, thats the info i needed, thats a Saturday saved Laughing

haven't got any roof lites or sunroof so may get an intergrated roof mounted system.can't afford it yet anyway, always thiking of the next toy, you know what it's like Wink

rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: