Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Elgar Bridge Motors Nottingham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 21:18    Post subject: Elgar Bridge Motors Nottingham Reply with quote

All I can say is steer clear!!

Read about my experience in "Bought a Big Blue Beautiful Beastie" in Newbies Questions.

Whilst we did get a car in the end (after a long call to trading standards) it didn't resemble the one we put our money down on in any way other than being a Deli L400 Sad

Don't get me wrong, according to Chris (my Hubby and driver) it is a lovely car to drive (the cleanest place in it being the engine bay) but this has more to do with Mitsubishi's skill at building a good car than EBM's car preparation! It did come with parking sensors which whilst nice, we didn't ask for (and as the car came off the boat with 'em were nothing to do with EBM) and a roof rack (which was part of the agreement for our original car) so maybe the fact that it's a different colour to what we paid for, the upholstry was filthy with split seams in places and had a broken centre console (as did the one we paid for - part of the deal was that it be repaired) is just me being a picky cow...but I doubt it :?
The icing on the cake is that the paperwork they supplied states it's a Super Exceed (which was what we asked for) whilst the chasis number decodes as an Exceed II Evil or Very Mad

On first contact these people come across as very genuine. However, based on my experience I'd say they'd rate straight A's from the Delboy Trotter business school!!

...Don't say I didn't warn you!!

Best wishes Happy Hunting
Elaine
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 21:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elaine
Sorry to hear you tails of woe but can i just say one thing,you say you paid for a super exceed and got an Exceed II now i think that is in fact the same thing,its just it seems some places use the super exceed designation and others use the Exceed II designation,now I'm not 100% sure on this but so far any mention of Exceed II I've seen has always come back to a "super exceed" vehicle with all the SE extras,so maybe they have in fact supplied a SE but its the chassis code description that is in fact making it look wrong,as i say I'm not 100% sure but just thought id mention it anyway.
I hope you now have your vehicle to a satisfactory standard and are enjoying the ownership of it,all the best

Marc 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marc,

Thanks for telling me that - We feel better for it and offer due apologies to Elgar Bridge Motors on that one point.

You may well be right. Chris gave the insurance people (Churchill) a ring when we noticed the discrepancy and they said that according to their info in insurance terms the Exceed II and Super were classed as equal (so at least we had one less thing to worry about)

I'll post elsewhere about the car and what we've done to it so far. To be honest I don't think we'd part with her now, she's so reliable (turns over first time every time) The darn thing's become a (rather spoilt) mechanical pet! Rolling Eyes

Thanks again for that welcome info
BW's
Elaine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: