Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

My Bent Car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beanbrain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 23:58    Post subject: My Bent Car Reply with quote

Some idiot decided to changes lanes without looking, I guess he must be partially sighted as the Delica stood taller then the transit he was driving.

What do you peeps think the insurance company will do?  Will they write it off or fix it?  It will need a new sliding door and rear wing.

Some pics of the damage: - My Bent Car!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 23:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks kind of similar to Safetymans damage the other month and they repaired his...

Good luck.

My Delica Album
beanbrain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks and fingers crossed!!
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should repair that IMO

door and rear repair...
Alan & Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did pretty much the same damage to the panel behind the drivers door ! What a stupid place to put a lamp post ! And no ...i didn't see it  Rolling Eyes  Go see repair shop tomorrow hopefully !
safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iian
    Mine was a repair to pass door and fule flap new sliding door and repair to the front of the rear wheel arch. If they repaired that loy you would think they would repair yours just stand your ground with them. don't give them an inch.

I must admit i had no issues getting mine repaired at all highway sorted it all out.

The other thing to remember if the third party has put thier hands up and ststedd it was their fault and this has been confirmed to your claimes department you can get them to do what is known as a credit repair and claim the exess direct from the third parties insurance so you won't be out of pocket.

Hth
    Eddie
beanbrain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are going to write the car off  Crying or Very sad Will still have to wait and see thou.  That was just the assessors opinion.
tttonyyy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they do, buy it back and get a bodyshop on it.  Should leave you with some cash.  Smile
beanbrain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting really miffed off with this now!!

My insurance company are a useless lot!  Phoned them up today to ask what was happening and they said that they had closed the incident as I choose to claim off the third party and that I would need to call the third parties insurance company.  But they didn't have the details!!

After digging around I got hold of someone at the third parties insurance company who informed me that the third party was blaming me for the accident!  Well should have know that a transit van needs more room than a lorry to turn a corner!!!!  But they were waiting to receive his version of the events and would decide for themselves on receipt of it.

So if it does go to a 50/50 scenario it would probably end  up costing me more to claim then sort it myself, depending on the cost of a door.  I would loose my no claims bonus plus have to stump up £150 excess!!!

Anyone got any ideas how much a second hand sliding door would cost in green and grey??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: