4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 2WD and Delica axles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleSteve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 0:59    Post subject: L300 2WD and Delica axles Reply with quote

Please be nice to me.

Can anyone tell me if there are any differences in the rear suspensions of the L300 2WD and the Delica 4WD. The reason I ask is that I've found a semi air suspension kit for the 2WD, but not sure if its capable of being fitted to the 4WD without any changes.

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance Smile

Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 0:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Uncle Steve!

I'm pretty sure the suspension is different as the Delica 4x4 chassis is based on the pajero whereas the L300 2WD is just a standard van chassis. I am open to corrections of course :D I have been known to be wrong (on occassions Wink )

By the way, why would we NOT be nice to you Wink we are all nice people around here Wink  Wink  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Welcome to the club mate :D

ATB

Paul
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

well....

the L300 uses leaf springs... the L400 uses coils !

Neither L300 or L400 has a separate chassis and so are not related to the Pajero / Shogun as they have separate ladder chassis and body,
Delica's are Monocoque.

some other things to note between L400's and Pajero of same age

Pajero has Springs on rear mounted to the axle, L400 has the springs on the trailing arms.

Pajero has the torsion bar fixed to the lower wishbone, L400 the upper

Front Axle is the same design but ratios can vary, so long as the ratio is the same you can use a complete front axle from a pajero in a L400.

There are 2WD versions of the L400... one is a van... the van has a heavy duty rear axle and leaf springs instead of coils !!
john cook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

see if you can get hold of markus bloke...another member on here.

he uses one of his 4WD delicas for work.
hes a tiler and carries A lot of weight and i believe he had the air assistors fitted to his.

john
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The L300 rear spring setup is similar to the one I had on my Merc camper van, which was very good at busting the uprated rear 4x leaf HD springs.

I had an air suspension system fitted to that, using huge Dunlop air bags, the ride was better, and the vehicle was easily adjustable for ride height and levelling depending on the load being carried, with virtually no rolling on corners and allowed the original single leaf spring to be fitted back.

It  had a 10 year guarantee and was fitted whilst at a caravan show. (approx 45 minutes), incorporating an airbag between the axle and the chassis, with an airline routed down the vehicle underside into the footwell on the drivers side to a filling valve using a normal footpump connector.  Having just looked at the AS Suspension website I see that they do have L200 2WD and 4WD listed so should easily be able to do one on the L300.

They are based in Warrington and their website is here:- http://www.as-airsuspension.co.uk/index.htm

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: