2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 original radio replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 14:25    Post subject: L400 original radio replacement Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the info. regarding replacing original radio / cass. in the L400. All found to be very useful, incl. fascia DIN adapter
One thing I hadn't managed to find on-site was the actual wiring harness adapter reference no. Now I don't know if this is because there are various types that have changed over the years, but thought I'd drop the relevant info. here if that's okay??

I've got a '94 L400 Exceed with a radio cassette that looks like this :

The back of it looks like this :

It requires an ISO adaptor lead that can be obtained from most good dealers, made by Autoleads, part number PC2-46-4, that looks like this at the Delica wiring harness end :

Now in theory, I believe this should work...and you won't be left, like me, with everything to fit a phat new MP3/CD player except for the right wiring harness adapter at the time of the year when dealers are closed for the longest time of the year Evil or Very Mad ....

Cheers,

Dave
p.s. - Happy New Year :D :D :D

pps - thinking of changing handle from 'mythatsabigun' to 'just call me scarfascia' following attempts at soldering broken console!!! that's f*cked, pass me a new one....NOW!!
…and yes, that is Duct (Duck??) tape I'm resorting to :lol
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 14:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Pajeropah
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us have been there! I know I have! The more you try to fix it the worse it seems to get. happily they are readily available at the Mitsu dealers for around £85 ish, plus the new ones are stronger!
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only thanks to the fact that I'd read several posts to that effect that I dared to give it a go. We'd already agreed to buy a new one due to the fact that it was broken prior to my attempts to change the radio. I do think it's amusing though how the 90 degree angle of construction coupled with the brittle character of the sun-dried plastic means it's almost impossible not to break it....
I've also just managed to get hold of a couple of second hand Sony 6938 Mk3s for £15 so that covers the cost of the new console (if you know what I mean Shocked )....now I'll just have to work out the way of covering the cost of the bits I break while doing the speakers Laughing Laughing

Cheers,

Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: