4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Tow Bar Fitting Prob?>

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrecknett

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi terriermad is that the one off, I think ebay for £99 When I paid Ithink £270
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 18:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terriermad, out of interest how does the it fit now?
Wonder how Watlings are selling these for £270 when Towequipe sold me mine for £97 incl the pre-wired fitting kit? My local place wanted knocking on £400 for the Watling bar supplied and fitted!!!
Oh the wonders of the Internet, eBay and all :D
alan S

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi terriermad
Well done its great to find gals that get fully involved in their wheels and not just sit behind it..welcome to the clan

Hi Wrecknett
Good that you got it all sorted , and yes the gearbox is fine now, it was the front diff engage sensor had failed, instead of just dieing it shorted out to earth hence the cooked cables. got it changed on its first service and it's behaved ever since. its only little mischief its doing sometimes coming out of 4WD the centre diff lock hangs on, a bit of reverse normally clears it

Regards to all and see you at Beaul.
Alan
Silver delivered
It's not DELICAte
founding member? of the rollover group
terriermad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, It now fits to the three places where the rear chrome bar fitted,and then another bar goes up to the main frame?on both sides, another Delica owner has seen it and says its far better than his mk1 version, rather than fitting to the tow eyes. I had to ring towquipe to check as all the other ones i had seen fitted were the old style,they were very helpful and said that because of all the problems fitting the mk1 re bent towing eyes out of alingment,they went back to the drawing board and came up with this one.they were very helpful,fast delivery and yes its the one on ebay,it was £117 with double electrics and the stainless bumper guard. Towed my new caravan up from southampton the other day a treat. Sorry in the delay in replying but have been up to Blackpool showing the dogs. :D :D
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame they didn't think of doing this in the first place. Oh well, never mind. What sort of dogs do you show Terriermad - I'm guessing....Spaniels??
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is fixed through the tow eyes Exclamation I never did like that :? I now debating whether to get the new type :? I'd like to see a detailed close up picture please anyone with the new type Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, I've got Parson Russell Terriers, for the trip to Blackpool the beast Delica-tely carried 7 dogs, 3 adults, 2 large trolleys and numerous bags,a friends pup that is always travelsick, but in the beast travelled there and back fine, and she drives a £27000 previa!.

Re the towbar,i will try and take some photos once the rain stops failing that i will scan in the diagram it came with.
Wrecknett

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dropped brackets onto of bottom of towing eyes redrilled hole 3/8 out bolt up result straight towbar yessssssssss Thanks Smile Smile Smile Smile Now the A/ T Light is flashing , I give in Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Dave C

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 21:36    Post subject: a Reply with quote

The A/T light flashing is probably faulty sensor,was quoted £70 for Mitsi part,by coincidence a long run got it working again.the pressure part could have stuck and freed with the heat ,if it stays on from cold,that is what mine did.
Simon super exceed lwb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 22:32    Post subject: Towbar from towequipe Reply with quote

A local towbar fitter didn't rate the quality of the Watling towbars, so we opted for a towbar from Towequipe, which they sell on ebay and is very easy to fit and will fit all Delica PD8/PE8 and PF8 chassis(PF8 being the long wheel base). The main towbar fits to the 6 bolts that held your bumper on, the 2 extension brackets fit to the main chassis on the long wheel base and require 2 130mm bolts, no drilling of extra holes is involved. I would highly reccommend their towbar.
Cheers
Simon. :D
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 22:54    Post subject: Tow Bar Fitting Prob?> Reply with quote

The only thing I found a little disappointing about the Towequipe bar was the fact it only came finished in primer. I would have been nice if it had been powder coated or something.

Instead of painting it I have taken to a local electro-plater and am haing it zinc plated to stop it rusting like all the other towbars I've ever had!

IanJ
IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 14:58    Post subject: Tow Bar Fitting Prob?> Reply with quote

Finally got round to fitting it. Generally a piece of cake apart from the instructions not being very clear about poking the bolts for the angled bits through the chassis members (a bit fiddly with my big fingers).

Just got to wire it up now.

IanJ
gary2610

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

as any one got picture by picture on how to and how they fitted a tow bar please as I've got one to fit and I've no instructions or how to wire the sockets as well

thanks gary  :?  :?
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: