4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 15:07    Post subject: Spare a pound guv' ? Reply with quote

okay ... if you were reading this post BEFORE I moved it to the 'Common room', then it's pretty certain you've already 'done your bit' for the Club - you're a LifeTime Member! Smile

The thing is, I'm really not sure about the best way to broach this subject and I thought the 'Private member's Chat' area was as good a place as any to start!

Late last week, I received the renewal notice from For Linux for the server I lease to run the Yellow Diamond Clubs. Shocked

okay - your first reaction is likely to be Shocked how much!?!? Shocked You can do it cheaper than that Simon!!!

Trust me - I've looked at all sorts of options and for the level of service and support - no I can't ... just over £300 a month is a pretty good deal!

okay ... if you're still reading, then you may be thinking "okay ... so what do you want? Surely, that's covered by the LTM's, online sales, Yellow Diamonds, 'contributions etc etc?"

The thing is ... sadly - no - it's not.

The annual server fees aren't covered and the same is true for the events / club liability insurances etc too ... (around £500 has come in over the last 12 months from collections / fundraisers at various events - the insurances cost me around £1500 pa!)

Part of the problem is the apparent reluctance of Club Members to contribute financially towards the cost of providing the free services here - after all - isn't that the point - it's FREE!!!

Well ... no Sad  Over the years that I've been running the Clubs, they have been sponsored almost exclusively by myself, through my Ltd Company - it's only over the last 18 months that LTM's have come in - there's a big backlog in the company accounts!!

And it gets worse!  So far this month, I've had ONE new LTM - a newbie here on MDOCUK! Shocked

Hopefully ... you're still reading?

okay ... it's true ... as I say, if you're reading this, then you may have already helped financially and, truthfully, it has helped to keep the Clubs afloat - until now.

Some of you will know, I've been out of work for the last 9 months - my company pot has run dry.  I'll be honest - I have NO idea where the money is going to come from to fund the next 12 months server fees and various Club insurance policies.

I MAY be able to negotiate a monthly payment schedule with ForLinux BUT I currently get 12 months for the price of 10 - the price per month WILL go up if I pay monthly.

Alternatively, I need to raise some money PDQ!

So ... I guess what I need from you now is some sort of constructive ideas on how I can raise £5000 by the second week of October?

My first thought ...

If every member of MDOCUK sent just £1 this would pay for the next year's server fees and most of the insurances - put this with the money that could come in from the other YD clubs and we could be looking at a HUGE pot of money in the 'YD Club fund' Shocked ... future fees, club gear, discount bar / food at club meets, money to allow me to take some time out to perform forum upgrades etc ... the list goes on.

£1.00

Just a quid (more if you like!) in an envelope, (preferably not Paypal! Although - you can 'gift' money now Rolling Eyes ), to :

Delica Owners Club
Companies House
Ringwood Road
Bransgore
Christchurch
Dorset
BH23 8JQ

OR paypal : admin@pocuk.com (sorry - it's the only one I have that relates to the Clubs!)

Is less than 2p a week too much to ask from each member to keep the Clubs running?

I sincerely hope that this post is taken in the spirit it's intended ... It's just a request to help me to keep the Clubs running ... not to open a whole can of worms about committees, club constitutions, balance sheets etc etc.

In the first instance - I'm just looking for ideas.

If you can spare a quid (or more) - all the better.

Thank you.

Simon :?

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™

Last edited by mdocuk on Tue Sep 16, 2008 17:26; edited 5 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 15:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bob Ellison
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, personally I get a lot out of MDOCUK and POCUK (and it's subsiduary 'Turvey' club  Razz ).

Knowledge, ideas, very occassional 'meets', fun chat, etc.
I don't post much but I read a lot. I can't contribute much in the way of mechanical knowledge because I'm a mechanical 'thicky' and my dearly beloved is maintained by the local garage. Razz  But what I do know I've got from here and POCUK. To lose this resource for the sake of a few quid would be a great pity. To me, it's all part of being a Deli owner (and ex-Paj owner).

There's a 'cheque in the post', for more than a £1, because to me it's far more than just worth it.

To Simon:
I know you are against annual membership fees but...
A web based dog club I belong to is very similar to the Yellow Diamonds (it's a certain breed of dog not a certain model of car). They offer help, advice, meets, chat, etc. same as here. They allow newcomers to make 5 posts but then require a membership fee to make full use of their web resources. The website is not short of paying members.

Here, we have 'life members' who pay a one off fee and also some who contribute regularly. What about 'Yellow Diamonds Sponsoring Members'? Members who can afford regular sponsorship by Standing Order, maybe £2-5 per month?
I know there's a danger of setting up an elite membership and some may not be able to 'sponsor' but it may put the clubs on more steady ground.

Just my 'penny worth, I know there is no shortage of other ideas.  Razz

It's your call and your business but I (and I'm sure many others) don't want to see the end of these clubs. Maybe the services of the Yellow Diamond clubs are now too free?

And I think this thread should be made a 'sticky' in the Common Room. Not many will read it here.

:D
MDOCUK LTM No 101
POCUK LTM No 19
Alan & Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no PAYPAL? It's quick and easy where as getting folks off the arse is more difficult. Also an annual membership fee is fair play..i paid it with Lotus as discount insurance more than pays membership. Also i've tried a couple of times to pay membership and software has not let me !
Keep up the good work !

Alan Wink
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay ...

just added it :

paypal : admin@pocuk.com (sorry - it's the only one I have that relates to the Clubs!)

Simon Smile

xandercraw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 on its way 2 u Smile

Si Could you send me a diamond also there are more and more Deli's milling around portsmouth and none of them
seem to know about the club     (i wanna try a bit of recruting)

Business address
C.P Fastenings
65 Marmion Road
Southsea
Portsmouth
PO5 2AX

kind regards Alex

ps. I dunno where I'd be without the site    I love u guys *sniff*    GROUP HUG !!
wooly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 19:14    Post subject: spare a pound Reply with quote

Simon

Just signed up to the lifetime members (only done it to get me some yd`s lol) :D  :D  :D

keep up the good work

atb
paul
sock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's £20 off me and from now on i'll add £10 to the price of a cam chain change for the club as a member has just paid £148.88 just for a chain so £210 all in is still super value hth
keith

mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

notworthy

Thank you!!

Simon

Vilevenomouswyrm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

LifeTime Membership Ordered  Embarassed I always meant to get YD's Embarassed
jaf1968
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 20 on its way.

Can only echo the opinions above.
The Deli has been the first car I've bought because I wanted one Twisted Evil , others have always been out of neccessity.

Being a part of this community influenced my choice of car and will hopefully keep it going, would be shame to
lose it.

I'm also happy to make an annual contribution to the upkeep of the site Smile

James

PS. Also see plenty of Delis around Leeds with no YDs, worth sorting some kind of flyer so I can slap 'em on
windscreens???
LOBO
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

LifeTime membership ordered . i am also willing to give an annual contribution for the benefit of the club and members . what a great job you do for all of us
Alan & Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent a fiver ..sorry it's all i can afford ! Keep on rockin'

Alan
L400_Davet
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read of the troubles,

Have already got lifetime membership, but more on it's way to you

via paypal - sorry but thought it'll get there quicker and be more usable, rather than waiting for a cheque to clear.

Annual subscriptions seem like a good idea as all the info I have got from here,

As to where to get parts and how to carry out repairs myself,

Have saved me a fair bit of labour costs etc.

it's the only vehicle I've had that I'd replace with the same without thinking about it, it's been too useful by far,

Keep up the good work,

All the best,

Dave

MDOCUK Lifetime Member 112
Lawe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a life member since the start but I will be more than glad to throw a few quid into the pot (Paypal when I get home from night shift).

This club has helped me no end and rekindled my love of getting my hands dirty with a socket set!

I really do feel though that perhaps the time has come for annual subs to paid, with bigger discounts for those that have life membership  Twisted Evil
I have already paid out for a years sub with another car forum, which has also helped in so many ways that the cost was saved within hours.

Which ever way the clubs decide to go, you can count on my support for as long as I can.
Carstairs
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 13:15    Post subject: donation Reply with quote

I am disabled and on benefits. I will pop as much as I can afford in an envelope as soon as I can afford a stamp!
Good luck raising the funds.
I will become lifetime member when I can afford it too.
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 15:07    Post subject: Re: donation Reply with quote

Carstairs wrote:
I will become lifetime member when I can afford it too.

I will too mate just as soon as I can afford it. Got a house to renovate, car tax and MOT due, I'm a full time Dad to our 18 month old so only have my wifes wage coming in. And blow me Christmas is coming next Shocked

As soon as I can help you mate I will.

ATB Simon

Paul
LITTLEKENGRIFF
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,
keep the faith, i know how hard it is to find funds to keep something going especially when it costs so much (we have to find over a grand each month just to keep a roof over my seacadets heads)
£20 on its way via paypal
i for one don't think it would be a good idea to "charge" as some people Can't afford to pay and may be put off (its expensive enough just running a Deli  :D ) but i think the idea of people making donations would work better as people feel better when they give i know i do (no matter how large or small the donation is)  :D  
just give a gentle reminder to the members when funds start to get low and i'm sure lots of members who really care and want our club to survive will help
so come on guys and gals dig down in those pockets and give a little back!!!
lkg
xandercraw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here !! :D withstupid
bensonsnuts
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iknow you are not looking for sympathy but I'm sorry to hear of your troubles Simon .
I've already got my yellow diamonds , but as some of the others have said , an annual subscription has to be considered . I've been a member of a few forums over the years depending on what cars I've been running at the time . I've got lifetime membership in a couple , but once the car has gone my visits tend to tail off . Maybe try a first year fee of £20 and then a £10 annual fee.
The point I'm trying to make is as long as I own the car I feel I'm getting value for money from an (annual) membership .
Maybe you can recoup some money from any meetings organised on the forum ? I'm sure most folks wouldn't mind donating ? I hadn't realised we had insurance cover for organised events etc.
Also maybe you can cutback on costs by reducing the scale of the website somehow . This is a fabulous site but it has to be sustainable .
Good luck for the future I'll paypal you a donation when I get home  Smile
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news so far ... just under £400 raised across the Yellow Diamond Clubs in the first 2 days!

This really is very encouraging!

Thank you all!

Simon

notworthy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: