4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Certificate of conformity for export, has anyone got one ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 15:53    Post subject: Certificate of conformity for export, has anyone got one ? Reply with quote

Has anyone here managed to get a certificate of conformity for a 94 L400 high roof. I'm trying to get my car imported into Norway and I've hit a red tape Cul de Sac.
I can't get the car plates untill I can get some EU certification for the car.
Has anyone managed to put one of these delicas onto European plates if so how?
TTFN
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 15:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

er....

Last time I checked the UK was a EU state and as such a UK registered vehicle would be on European plates ???

there are also some registered in France by members on here.... they had some fun but sorted in the end...

also...

There was a guy on ebay recently sold some L400 headlights as he had just moved from Norway back to UK !
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have not found anyone who has been able to help.

The problem is as this is a Grey Import it does not have EU certification, sort of like a paper that says the model type is allowed to be driven in the EU.

I would have thought okay, well there must be a place where these can get checked over to make sure the emmisions, noise and seatbelts get checked, sort of like the SVA but for Europe. So far nowhere in Europe offers this service.

I called an expert today in Germany who do vehicle type certification and he didn't want anything to do with it.

Mitsi I have been told want nothing to do with the problem as as far as they were concerned the vans are not for the european market at all in the first place.
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is were EU regulations are crud !

You can import the car and register it in the UK...

UK is a EU country, so if the car is goo enough to be driven in UK why not the rest of Europe.
I understand Eire (Ireland) is like here, easy to import to...
We also know members who have been able to register in France.

Its all a con !!!

Its a way to make money !

What happened to freedom of movement ! if its okay for UK/Eire then it should be okay fo the rest of EU.... like our driving licences !!
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the TUV test that seems to make these road authorities roll over and play ball. The TUV is a german company that puts EU stamps on loads of things, including cars. It seems to have two tiers of use, one for large car manafactures who need to sell their goods in the EU and one for guys who want to drive something unusual.

There are TUV compliant companies all over Europe and even in England. I have been in contact with most of the ones in the UK and they all seem to be a bit dumb to what I need and want maybe because they deal with the large company stuff.

However Holland seems to be my best bet so far, Denmark and Germany have also been a wash out.

I am currently in a negotiation with a testing centre in Holland who know exactly what I am talking about and provide such a individual vehicle certification service. Now wether they can apply that to a Deli L400 is another matter.

If I manage to get it done then I will post my way to the promised land.

My car is currently in Norway and I will have to get it to Holland and back again so it sucks really. The problem with Norway is they accept all the EU laws but they are not in the EU so can actually pack up the bails and balls and storm off in red tape huff and there is no real comeback as regards to common sense or EU regulations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: