2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Ebuyer.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JessopSmythe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:48    Post subject: Ebuyer.com Reply with quote

After seeing a thread on here about cheap sat navs on ebuyer, I decided to order one. Big Mistake!

Here's a copy of a letter I just posted to ebuyer

Dear Sir or Madam.

I placed the above order on the 4th of March and was advised that delivery would be made within 5 working days.

On Tuesday 11th March I received an email from yourselves advising that City Link were unable to deliver. In the first place the reasons given were insulting to say the least.

“..reason to believe the address you have given us for delivery is incorrect.”

The automatic assumption that the mistake was mine is, I would suggest, not a good way to endear yourselves to customers!
Since I was away from my office on Tuesday, I did not receive the email until quite late in the day, by which time I had been contacted by one of your customer service representatives. I confirmed the correct address and even provided basic directions for the driver to follow.
On Wednesday morning, I contacted City Link as per the advice in your email. They confirmed that the address on the consignment label was incomplete, despite the fact that I had put the correct, complete address on my order. I advised City Link of the correct address and re-arranged delivery for Thursday.
Today, I contacted City Link to enquire as to why delivery had, again, not taken place. I discovered that they are only able to make alterations to the delivery address on the instructions of the client; i.e. Ebuyer (meaning that the advice to ring City Link direct in your email is incorrect and misleading). Therefore, the driver had again attempted to deliver to the incomplete address supplied by yourselves.
I contacted your customer service desk again this morning to request, unless you were able to supply the item by close of business today (Friday 14th) then it would no longer be required and the order should be considered cancelled. I was told by your advisor that, since the item has been booked as a return by City Link then a refund will happen automatically since a same day delivery service is not available.
Firstly, I must make it quite clear that a simple refund is unacceptable. Since I made payment through Paypal, I assume that the refund will be made in the same way. This will therefore leave me exposed to the charges associated with receiving money into a Paypal account. A simple refund also does not allow for the costs incurred on the telephone to both yourselves and to City Link attempting to sort out the delivery issues. I must insist that any refund includes compensation for these costs.
Secondly, as I explained to your customer service advisor this morning, this was my first purchase made through Ebuyer and, on considering the service provided it is quite likely to be my last. It has been made quite clear that, to use a cliché, “you get what you pay for”. Although your discounted prices appear quite attractive, it is obvious that the service levels are reflected by the price. Despite the admission by your customer service advisor that the problem was caused by your IT systems applying an incorrect or incomplete address label, there has been no effort at all to rectify the situation other than offering to speak to the parties involve and find out what happened. Such a conversation, although it may useful to you internally, is of no consequence to me. It does not change the fact that I have not received goods which I ordered in good faith and, unless you handle the refund as requested above, I’m also likely to incur extra costs for trying to rectify a situation not of my own making!
I look forward to receiving your response, and my money.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice i hope you get it sorted

Regards
          Eddie
tttonyyy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippin' eejots!

I've ordered lots of stuff through them and had no problems, despite having a slightly unusual address myself.  Sounds like someone at eBuyer had finger trouble when the address was printed.   Sad

Hope you get it sorted okay.
Pajeropah
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not actually had any trouble with Ebuyer themselves but more with Citylink who deliver for them.  I think they (Citylink) at least could be more accomodating too! Their drivers have been insulting and rude and one never even rang the doorbell he just put a card through the door saying you weren't at home and I was here all the time!!
Hope you get it sorted.
JessopSmythe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been off line for a while.

Never got a reply from ebuyer. The complaint I sent to Citylink got a much better response. Nice letter, full apology etc. If ebuyer can't be bothered to respond to a complaint, I won't be using them!
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I stopped using them a while back after they accused me of forcing a CPU into a motherboard that it was not intended for. ( I am a senior tech engineer so definately know a thing or two about computers ) to this day I haven't had a refund for the processor and with little to no contact with them I consider myself lucky it wasn't that expensive and certainly wouldn't use them for any PC components again.

I have however used them for other electricals including a sat nav and not had a problem yet

Hope you get it sorted it certainly sounds like you have a good case to.

My Delica Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: