Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Batteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 14:50    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

Can any one tell me why my 1991 L300 has 2 batteries, and if it can run on one only
Thanks
Darren
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 14:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Two batteries seem to fitted to Deli's with the "winter pack" to allow easier starting in very cold weather (Northern Japan is a long way north), and to help run extra gizmos. My 400 has space for 2 batteries but I have just fitted it with single, large Amp/Hr, high capacity one.

In most of the UK I think this would suffice.

Cheers

IanJ
0sb0rne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw Northern Japan is a far North as Southern Europe (about 45deg. similar to the likes of Venice)

:D

Andrew
A-Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 15:26    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, have just replaced both for £100 fitted as one of them failed at the weekend and its not even cold down here in Poole
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 15:41    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

Embarassed Geography was never my strong point, but I understand they get bl00dy cold winters due to the continental influence of the asian mainland.

Great skiing so they say, but a bit far to drive even in a Deli
Mutley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to replace the one battery my L300 has...but it is the original japanese battery...any idea as to wot type I've got to get...as in Ah and stuff...I understand that a good CCA is most definately necessary...was lookin into an Optima one...Cheers...
wemfish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two battery’s replaced a year ago, the main problem was finding battery’s with the terminals the right way round, with a flat top and the right size, just about any two battery’s that fit the space will give more than enough amps.
Mutley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now replaced me old battery with a nice spankin' new one from Halfords... Laughing ...the book states to use a Shogun one 'cause of the poles being on the "back" of the battery, but this meant that I could only have a 3 year warranty one with 600 CCA, but they had a Calcium one there [4 year warranty and 700 CCA] but the terminals [posts] were on the front...so after having a measure up, I decided to risk it [also because the 3 year jobbie was £75 notes, and the 4 year Calcium was reduced from £85 to £65... Wink ] and once home found that I would have no probs with the main positve and negative leads, but that fittin' me lickle clump of relays would be a headache... Shocked ...but after 1/2 hour in the workshop with some stainless steel plate and a drill, I fabricated a S-bend type bracket that fits over the threaded bit of the post and the relays then bolt to this [using a st/steel allen bolt, lock washer and nut] and are suspended above the battery by bout 1-2 ", clearin' all probs... Razz ...I'll get some piccies at the weekend...just got to adapt the clampin' bracket a bit now...the wagon starts first time immediately now, and I can now plan me spot light install... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: