4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

A little weirdness!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fay Presto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 0:56    Post subject: A little weirdness! Reply with quote

Driving through St Johns Wood, a rather posh area in London, I was a little alarmed when the four wheel drive engaged light just came on. Hadn't touched the lever. Low Oil? Major Gearbox failure imminent? My driving life flashed before my eyes. Wiggled lever, worried; 100yards later it went out. Phew!

A week later on exactly same piece of road it happened again. very peculiar. A couple of weeks later, with a little more time on my hands, drove round the block. Every time I drove over the same piece of road on it came. Just thought I would share with the group!

Fondest
Fay Presto

You can take the Delica out of the country, but.............!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 0:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its mandatory to drive a 4x4 in St Johns Wood - they've got a special device fitted to automatically qualify you.
Anyone in a fiesta disappears into a hole in the ground....

Alternatively it might be some electronic/radio device in a building or under ground that's interfering with your gearbox?

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha. Say after me...THAT'S MAGIC

*I'll get my coat*

Post Quote: "It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." --Sam Levenson D'oh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

next time it happens, see if there are any black tar like lines in the road where traffic sensing cables are laid. These work by creating a magnetic field and could be the cause of the problem. They are know to affect ABS sensors for example.
Fay Presto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 18:46    Post subject: A little weirdness Reply with quote

Big pants blue is right, not only is it mandatory to drive a 4X4 in St Johns Wood, they have devices to automaticaly engage it! Never occured to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: