2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

'Delis do Dungeness...'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stouffer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 23:31    Post subject: 'Delis do Dungeness...' Reply with quote

A great day was had by one and all even if a little on the windy side.  The L300 versus L400 rugby match ended with a heavy defeat to the L300's as only one turned up  Shocked   Special thanks to the genius that persuaded the Gilbert O' Sullivan tribute artist (pictured far right of main group) to attend and entertain the Delica troops by banging out a few well known tunes .  A top notch knees' up ensued!  

Visual entertainment was provided by not one, but TWO lighthouses (one white, one black) and a dormant Nuclear Power Station!  A flypast in our honour was arranged by the RH&D light railway.  Pebbles as far as the eye could see, interspersed with the odd stunted willow and patches of Gorse (or 'Furze for the old folks) provided a stunning backdrop.

On a sad note, this was the last meet that the much loved celebrity chef, Mr. Scarey Monster would ever attend in a Deli.  His 'Pasta a la' wind & rain', for which he is truly famous, will be sorely missed.  But then again, I managed to walk away with his awning, much to the dismay of the envious throng,  so I really couldn't care less if I never see him again.

In the time honoured tradition, L400_davet's kettle had just started to boil as everyone was leaving which was a fitting end to a wonderful day that shall never be remembered.  Memories of a day that will last a lunchtime...

Turned on, tuned in, freaked out! (by L400 - Volvo remix) Blue over Silver with shiny tusks and yellow eyes)

Last edited by Stouffer on Thu Mar 06, 2008 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent write up Andy Laughing
I was glad to be able to attend. (Even if it wasn't in a Deli Embarassed  ) Thanks Scott for arranging it. It certainly is a unique area...
Glad to see old friends and meet new ones...
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Nice meet in a windy Dungeness. Thanks to Andy for a typically imaginative write up and the sentimental approach to my last meet...however, my pasta "a la Wind" was "sans wind" due to being able to cook in the Deli on my table!!! However, had to settle for ravioli with garlic and black pepper.

True that Dave (L400 Davet) chose to heat the local area prior to having a cup of coffee - I think I was on number 4 by the time he put his head in the door!!!

Rusty was in a cloaked Deli........................looked like a polo though!

Paul (Big PBB) had a Deli shinier than a shiny thing (thanks for the clear side repeaters - although why I'm still buying bits for a car I'm selling beats me!) and Crazy Chris has the insane and rarely sated lust for bling!!

Thanks to all the others for pitching up and making it a very successful, if chilly, meet.

LeilaandRob - you'll be alright with those tyres and welcome to the club. Always good to get your first meet in within 5 minutes of buying a Deli!

A couple of photos now follow:

Now thats a parking pole!!!!!

THank God TomTom got me there an hour earlier - I was an hour away when I arrived. If you were there you'd understand!!

A herd!

The rear end of a herd!

Luckily following a conversation with Andy (Stouffer) I found out the the Deli I waved to was infact him going the wrong way. Apparently the MacDonalds in Ashford is well worth going out your way for.

The Deli will be missed but I aim to pop along to meets just to keep in the swing of things.....you never know Wink

Cheers all
Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: