Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Dumb Question or not??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duracell Bunny
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 23:02    Post subject: Dumb Question or not?? Reply with quote

Can anyone (Lewis??) tell me what the difference is between 235x70x15 and 30x9.5x15 is?????

Why the two types of reference point????

Would love a semi  Wink  detailed explanation.. :D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 23:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mindriot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is european metric/imperial crossover and the other is american imperial sizing of tyres. Just be glad the wheels are not a metric size, can make tyres a lot more expensive.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mindriot says they are the metric /imperial sizes.

30x9.5x15 has the equivalent metric size of 241x79x15

If you go to this website:- http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit  You can compare different tyre sizes to see if they will fit a specific vehicle based on the speedo readings, without requiring any modification to the wheel arches, such as flattening the central seam or cutting part of  the plastic mud flaps off.  

In the section marked:- 'Vehicle Stock tyre Size' enter 225  80  15

In the section below marked:- Compare tyre Sizes' enter your metric size in the left section.

Then on the next line below enter the imperial size tyre in the right hand section marked 'Additional Sizes.

It will give you all the various dimensions, similar to the picture below.  If the Diameter Difference is shown in red then the odometer will be giving a speedo reading different to the actual speed you are doing.  You need to have a tyre that is within 3% of the original stock tyre the odometer was calibrated against, in the case of the L400 its 225x80x15.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Duracell Bunny
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to mindriot for the explanation  Smile  but a big ta muchly to lewis for the simple explanation :?  Shocked  Wink
mindriot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, I think your appeal to lewis was based on a knowledge/passion? for some peoples need for knowlege about things Smile (theres a compliment in there somewhere lol Smile )

Whatever you do, get rid of 225's jap original and never look back, mine had those on originally, they were worse than terrible for handling and grip, not to mention a truly terrible size to find in this country.

I ended up replacing all 5 with 235's on a budget, had to lose an unused spare (told tyre fitter to keep it for free, he said he'd rather throw it in the skip, says a lot). Maxxis 235,75x15's (maxxis 751)did the trick for good money seeing as I was of a mind to get bigger diameter wheels and tyres later. 80/20 on/off road split, wearing well and a whole different world of grip (almost all my mileage is on road, , unaware as I was at the time I find the on road grip to be superb, theyre wearing well and thats despite my driving style, I'm hard on tyres, and on corners for that matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: