Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Weird tyre Sizes & correct alloy wheel size for Super Ex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 13:11    Post subject: Weird tyre Sizes & correct alloy wheel size for Super Ex Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on my tyre sizes are they seem a little strange, plus they aren't mentioned in the owners manual.

The size i have is 31x10.50r15LT, the reason I ask is that they rub the frnt arches when on full lock. I have come to conclusion that they didn't really ought ot be on the bus, but wondered if someone could confirm. They are Federal A/T tyres which aren't expensive which is always nice but would prefer a mix of 80% road 20% off road as it will only need to get dirty if we get stuck when towing our Coachman Amara off a muddy field or such like.

Also I am considering up sizing the alloys to the 16" but wondered if I will get the same problem with them, as they are mentioned in the manual with 265/75r16 tyres

I am considering these but i am not sure if they will fit with no mods

or these but in 16"

So if you have any suggestions as to what tyres I could use for a good road tyre I would appreciate it as don't want to waste my money buying new tyres if they are going to deafen me whilst driving.

Both of these are currently on eBay for reasonable money ...... unless anyone was some nice 16" going spare  Wink  Wink

My Delica Album
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 13:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bob Ellison
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any help, the new tyres on the front of my bus are Federal but they are 30 9.5 15

I'm now looking for 3 more.  :?

:D
MDOCUK LTM No 101
POCUK LTM No 19
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers BOB, I have no idea if these tyres are normal as they don't seem to follow the normal type of sizing eg 205/50R17 as on my current Mondeo but mind you they cost £135+vat each corner. Hmm I'll see if anyone else has any bright ideas.

My Delica Album
zorky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps I run 235 x 70 R16 on 7" wide 16" diameter wheels with a +20 offset. The tyres are Nexon Roadian. The offset is important as if you don't get it right the tyres will either rub on the arches or the tyres will stick out from the body. Smile  Smile  Smile
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the 31" tyres !

I have them !

you need to bash the inside of the wheel arch with a hammer, easy job and takes about 5 mins or so.

There are a number of us who have done this no problems.

If you need step bt step instructions give me a shout.

I run 31/10.5/15 All Terrains on road and chunky Muds for off road
green1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 seems to be the biggest people can go and be sure they won't need to modify anything, 31 SOMETIMES needs some minor "adjustments" and larger needs real work... or so the wisdom seems to go... my Tyres are currently actually SMALLER than stock... but I hope to fix that soon Twisted Evil
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the replies

Does anyone have any idea if these alloys would fit.....I know they are really bling etc but might firm up the ride to stop the wallowing

17" from a Pajero Mk2 apparently

My Delica Album
Foxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm....I'm surprised that you find your vehicle wallows!  Shocked What pressures ar eyou running your tyres at?  
I have 31" tyres on mine - love 'em! They were on it when I got it, one thing that I went for, ha! Shame they're not a set, yeah yeah, I Know.... ;-) - luckily they don't rub at all, dunno if the lprevious owners modified anything or not. Nothing stands out. My ride is firm as anything. No wallowing. (Not unless I drive like a complete maniac anyway  Wink  )
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 16:07    Post subject: Re: Weird tyre Sizes & correct alloy wheel size for Supe Reply with quote

chrisfoster1971 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on my tyre sizes are they seem a little strange, plus they aren't mentioned in the owners manual.

The size i have is 31x10.50r15LT

That tyre size is equivalent to 265/75.R15,  give or take a millimetre!  and the approx diameter is 30.98"

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: