4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Wheel refurb/ repaint ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemthetaxi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:58    Post subject: Wheel refurb/ repaint ? Reply with quote

Hi, is there a link somewhere on here on how to refurbish/repaint alloy wheels. Had a quick search but not much luck.Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyj

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you've got alloys i wouldn't paint them!
get some wonder wheels on them, takes most of the gunk off, and you can retreat them as many times as you like

if on the other hand you have the white steel alloys you have a bit of a job if you want a proper job doing...you'll have to take the tyres off shove some stripper on the wheels and then repaint

putting stripper on the wheels with the tyres on could mean the tyres get eaten away by it and go BOOOM!
spacecadet

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

read through this link might be of some help http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12939&highlight=polish+wheels have yet to do my wheels.
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
mindriot

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the cost of modern alloys is it worth the effort for reconditioning. What will you run on while theyre off for a start. Plus in this so called modern age where labour costs can outstrip the costs weighed against new parts in a matter of hours is it worth it?
jemthetaxi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your import.I may try one wheel and see how I get on wth removing the laquer and giving them a polish.They are quite nice wheels and would be great to get them to there former glory.Is there any way of getting a tyre off myself, or will I need to take it to the tyre shop.Seems a stupid question, but never having tried to get an old tyre off thought I would ask.Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: