Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Uprate the speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srh45

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:39    Post subject: Uprate the speakers Reply with quote

Replaced the standard head unit with a Sony CD/Tuner (4x45w) but the sound is dissapointingly tinny - was much better in my old Scenic with the OE speakers.

So I am thinking of upgrading the speakers, but (and this is a big but) I do not want to

a) Spend a lot of money
b) Cut anything to make the new speakers fit
c) Have additional speakers (i.e. keep the two in the front and two in the back)

The ones Beats fitted shown in http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1438&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 look good but there is no way on earth I am spending £400+. I was thinking more of sub £100 for the four. I realise this is not much but I don't need to blow out the windows, just get a decent sound at low/mid volume.

Any recommendations.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the front speakers first as they are the biggest elt down. Nice paid of 3 way Kenwoods (6 inch) fit nicelt in place and the door trim is easy peasy to remove to do it. All you need to do is unclip the bottom if you don't want to take the whole lot off.
The Kenwoods are £55 per pair.

When you do the rears, Kenwood 4 way 6x9s fit in perfectly. While you're at it with the rears though, stick some of that sound deadening mat to the inside of the body shell - improves the sound no end.

The difference the new speakers make is amazing.
numptys numnuts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete you forgot to tell him about the 4 inch ones under the dash.

Do these first as they will improve your confidence when you tackle the door panel removal.

KD-PE8W-HSEXF 2 H81E
(It's a Beast from the East)
Rolled off Production 03/02/95
petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnect my 4 inch ones. Just put decent 3 ways in the door instead otherwise there'd have been too much treble!
srh45

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. From the look of the panels, the front ones are round. So do I need 170mm or 130mm?

I am looking at http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/speakers.asp but just get confused by the bewildering choice!

Don't sit in the back much so the fronts are definitely up first.
IanFJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 14:41    Post subject: Uprate the speakers Reply with quote

Does the Super Exceed have better speakers than others 'cos I'm quite happy witht the sound of mine (or I'm going deaf!!!)

IanJ
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 17:16    Post subject: Re: Uprate the speakers Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
Does the Super Exceed have better speakers than others 'cos I'm quite happy witht the sound of mine (or I'm going deaf!!!)

IanJ

I think all the speakers are the same but if you have the upgrade system (10 speakers) you basicly get 4 tweeters more, and a amp that will kill the paper speakers quicker Shocked
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 17:25    Post subject: Re: Uprate the speakers Reply with quote

srh45 wrote:
The ones Beats fitted shown in http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1438&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 look good but there is no way on earth I am spending £400+. I was thinking more of sub £100 for the four. I realise this is not much but I don't need to blow out the windows, just get a decent sound at low/mid volume.

Any recommendations.

I managed to get both sets of speaker for £350 after a lot of shopping about Wink
I understand this is more than most will pay, but it does give true quality sound at all level and not just to blow the windows out Laughing

Kenwood speakers as Pete recommended have been around years and we've had many kenwood speakers in our cars so I wouldn't fault em Wink .
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: